Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you guys would win if Cotto-Martinez met at 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
    Hey Kev. Greetings from MKE. I just gave you green for your great posts on this fight. Cotto's improved defense and trainer would give him more than a shot to beat Martinez who is a good fighter, but not a great one and is highly over-rated. In a rematch, the kid will beat him down and stop him. WATCH. What we saw in that fight was Chavez Jr. being young and dumb. Not training properly and what not. I don't hear anyone bashing Martinez for not keeping his word on stopping the kid. Anyway, Cotto will not get all cut up because he hasn't cut in 5-6 fights. WHY? Because he understands the importance of defense and fighting smarter nowadays. If he was able to make Floyd miss and look stupid at times, he should have no problem making Martinez do the same.
    "Martinez didn't keep his word on stopping the kid" come on now. I think you need to look through the post-fight thread to see all the battle wounds that both guys suffered.

Comment

• No thank you. I've been following the sport for over 30 years and I am 32. Martinez thought he was tougher and would break the kids WILL. I didn't say I was going to K.O. Chavez Jr., but Martinez did so take it up with him. He will never be the same after that fight. The same way Floyd won't after his deeper then the eye battle with Cotto this past May.

Comment

• I'm a Cotto fan but I think Martinez wins by a late bloody stoppage. I think it's competetive for 7 rounds but superior conditioning takes over not to mention Cotto has more mileage of punishment on him. Closer than the Pacquiao fight but I don't think Miguel's face can hold up to the punishment. Not a domination mind you, I Think Martinez would get touched alot his damned self.

Comment

Working...
        X