Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some weaknesses of the Mayweather jr style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    What ever weaknesses he has, they are not weak enough.

43-0.
    When in doubt, go on vacation and let them beat up each other.

Come back from vacation after they beat each other up.

Undefeated.

Comment

There are none. Had Floyd been knocked out by a Torrecampo or Singsurat type fighter, or dropped and almost knocked out by a Hussein jab, then I'd list a bunch of Jr's weaknesses.

Comment

What he ALLOWS to be a Weakness of his is a GOOD JAB!

He will eat your jabs all night if he has to...rather that then any of your Power Punches I guess but he knows that a Jab alone will never beat him on the Cards especially when he is landing his Power Punches at a HIGH % Rate

People say he lost his legs...not really I think Mayweather sees that the competition is not a good as the media AND FANS hype his competition up to be, so he probably figures he can just stay in the pocket and pick most of these guys apart without burning up much energy and none of these guys are really all that good enough to which he has to use his legs that much ANYWAY and so far since the Mosley fight he has been right. He can still make most of them miss while in the Pocket, the Shoulder Roll is great for inside fighting because that stands allows you to SEE EVERYTHING COMING compared to the Regular 2 Hands Up Stands
        Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 08-18-2012, 03:16 PM.

Comment

He can be forced to the ropes by bigger fighters that can jab or feint him there. This isn't a big problem since he's the best at fighting off the ropes, but he's still better in the center of the ring than he is off the ropes.

He sacrifices some mobility by having the wide base for his shoulder roll guard.

That post about the southpaw jab is utter bull****

Comment

Originally posted by Granite View Post
            As in his elevated shoulder and rolling punches. I don't mean Floyd in particular just the style. It's called the philly shell no? I'm new to boxing so I apologize for my ignorance lol
            Once being connect on the rope, output rate drops. Hearn focks Mayweather at any weight.

Comment

Don't know he adjusts so damn good

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                There are none. Had Floyd been knocked out by a Torrecampo or Singsurat type fighter, or dropped and almost knocked out by a Hussein jab, then I'd list a bunch of Jr's weaknesses.
                or if he got embarrassed by a 38 year old lightweight at ww

Comment

Originally posted by spoonwars View Post
                  When in doubt, go on vacation and let them beat up each other.

Come back from vacation after they beat each other up.

Undefeated.
                  If they were as good as him they wouldn't be getting beat up, they'd just cruise to victory

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
                    or if he got embarrassed by a 38 year old lightweight at ww
                    That Marquez was 2 fights removed from having to move up 3 divisions just to fight Floyd ..... yet Floyd needed more of an advantage as he never intended to come in at the expected 144lbs CW and came in at 146lbs. Marquez was in uncharted territory. Marquez looked smaller and flabby looking to.

With Manny, they had 3 fights where Marquez was not considered the smaller guy in any of the fights as they both weighed in at about the same weight. Marquez also adjusted properly against Manny for their 3rd fight.

This was certainly one of Floyd's lowest points as far as CHERRY-PICKING but Floyd and his fans can't admit it .... all they can say is "..... but but he was P4P #2"

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
                      Once being connect on the rope, output rate drops. Hearn focks Mayweather at any weight.
                      I wouldn't go that far, Hearns had a china chin. Once Tommy got hurt, he stayed hurt

Comment

Working...
                      X