No announcement yet.

BoxingScene Championship Polls are Open

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    Ha ha ha ... might not be the right moment to ask, but you given any thought to keeping this thing running for the long haul, man? Maybe monthly updates or whatever or when there's major fights involving the champions or guys vacate or whatever?

EDIT: Just one observation also that it might be an idea to add in a VACANT option or somesuch if there is to be any future iterations. I'm just filling in right now and I honestly can't separate between the 3 HW options yet I also want to show support by voting.
    Oh yeah, I'll pledge my time to this until y'all stop voting.

When titles change hands, unless an undisputed makes themselves the defacto BoxingScene champion, the question will be asked again.

Vacancies would require a new poll as well.

Basically any reason to make a fresh poll and dump and old one I'll do it, with in 24hrs of a title fight or anything similar, if no one else does. If someone else beats me to it I'll edit this thread to link their poll all the same.

I thought Vacant as an option just made things more convoluted, but, the people have been asking so, the people have spoken. Vacant will be an option in all polls I make forward.

If anyone goes undisputed I'll make a thread still and link it to the polls to replace the poll but there will be no vote unless y'all object.

Hell, I'll even do new polls when news is impactful enough to beg the question. For example, with Errol's crash had I a poll up prior I'd want to know if folks changed their mind after. Or with the Wilder-Joshua fiasco there were plenty of times when news broke than would affect how fans see one or the other.

I don't have any issue maintaining this. It's easy compared to history posts. My Sanctioning Bodies history and Champions from 686BC to Joshua took A LOT more work and got almost no response so from my perspective the work to response ratio on this is great. Probably my best.

BTW, JIC anyone out there is interested.

Ancient Era Champions

English Era Champions

American Era Champions

are all things I've covered in the past.

Also, Authorities, Rules, Clubs, Sanctioning Bodies, and Laws I've covered from 686 BC to 2018.

That reminds me. My lazy ass needs to update those.

used to be a long ass quote, not really important though

Okay, so i just dropped it from a notepad file for the most part when I posted this, like a smartass, but, that notepad file represented a lot of research no one gives a **** about.

So, this, is just some easy fun stuff in between my historical research.

I'll be doing a big ass thread on Ring soonish, when I get my **** together.
    Last edited by Marchegiano; 10-27-2019, 07:40 AM.

Comment

This is gonna be a fun poll. Looking forward to the changes as time progresses.

Comment

Wanheng Menayothin is TBE

All the other divisions are trash.

Comment

Thanks. I casted my votes.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post

When titles change hands, unless an undisputed makes themselves the defacto BoxingScene champion, the question will be asked again.

Basically any reason to make a fresh poll and dump and old one I'll do it, with in 24hrs of a title fight or anything similar, if no one else does. If someone else beats me to it I'll edit this thread to link their poll all the same.

I thought Vacant as an option just made things more convoluted, but, the people have been asking so, the people have spoken. Vacant will be an option in all polls I make forward.

If anyone goes undisputed I'll make a thread still and link it to the polls to replace the poll but there will be no vote unless y'all object.

Hell, I'll even do new polls when news is impactful enough to beg the question. For example, with Errol's crash had I a poll up prior I'd want to know if folks changed their mind after. Or with the Wilder-Joshua fiasco there were plenty of times when news broke than would affect how fans see one or the other.

I don't have any issue maintaining this. It's easy compared to history posts. My Sanctioning Bodies history and Champions from 686BC to Joshua took A LOT more work and got almost no response so from my perspective the work to response ratio on this is great. Probably my best.

Ancient Era Champions

English Era Champions

American Era Champions

Also, Authorities, Rules, Clubs, Sanctioning Bodies, and Laws I've covered from 686 BC to 2018.

Okay, so i just dropped it from a notepad file for the most part when I posted this, like a smartass, but, that notepad file represented a lot of research no one gives a **** about.

Ha, man almost feel like I deserve some kinda medal myself for reading through all that, but it's interesting stuff, particularly enjoyed the account of the fight between Polydeukes and Amykos and the revelations about the 19th C.origins of the amateur sport - I ain't a stranger to the study of class and privilege, but I'd never given that particular aspect any thought before.

But once again , man, the hard work is seriously appreciated and keeping an up to date listing of who the fans think the real Champion in each division is something that would be of real benefit I think. I'm quite sure you're more than capable of managing it on your own, but if you do need any help or just to bounce ideas around you can always give me a shout.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
              Ha, man almost feel like I deserve some kinda medal myself for reading through all that.
              ****, you do deserve a medal!

Comment

I voted in about 10 out of 13 or 14.

No SSR or Rigo? Really would've expected to see those options?
                Also though Lightweight should only have one option

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
                  I voted in about 10 out of 13 or 14.

No SSR or Rigo? Really would've expected to see those options?
                  Also though Lightweight should only have one option
                  Fair post! I appreciate the input.

I make mistakes, but, we'll get the polls where y'all want them soon enough. Probably the next round should be good. I am taking on board everything folks are saying and there has not been any contradictory calls so I don't think y'all will have any issues. These polls are set, I don't have the ability to edit them, just replace them.

So I figured give it like a week so everyone can get their grievances in and then I'll make better polls.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post

Ancient Era Champions

English Era Champions

American Era Champions

used to be a long ass quote, not really important though

Last edited by Santa_; 10-27-2019, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
                      Yeah, the was kinda my point with it.

I don't care if you don't but I deleted mine so's folks can scroll more easily. that is a ****in' long post.

Comment

Working...
                      X