No announcement yet.

Mikey Garcia: Lipinets is stronger and hits harder then Errol Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't doubt it.

If you're a puncher, you're a puncher and if you want the KO over a smaller fighter, you'll get the KO him. Unless he's your size or bigger, and established in the weight class, you should get the KO.

No matter how defensive, how technically sound a smaller fighter is, if you're a puncher, you handle dispatch of him.

"Why didn't Mikey go on attack mode then if Spence doesn't hit so hard?"

Because he was outboxed by the bigger, taller guy who had the longer reach? Mikey was always out of range because Spence kept him at bay. Mikey is a technically sound boxer who is not going to lunge in to try to catch you. He sets his feet, sits on his punch and throws. He couldn't do that to Spence because Spence was outboxing him, moving around, staying away from him.

Comment

Mikey fought to survive 12 rounds, not to win.

He lost every single round.

I dont expect him to trade or try to KO spence, but he was supposed to be faster (he was slower than spence) and he was supposed to outbox spence. But Mikey was too scared to even TRY to throw enough to outbox Spence for a round. He survived all night. If spence had no power, mikey would have atleast TRIED to win a SINGLE ROUND>

Comment

Originally posted by The3 View Post
        Now both Mikey Garcia and Lamont Peterson have admits Lipinets hit much harder then Spence
        And Algieri said Provodnikov hits harder than him. It's almost like Spence doesn't hit THAT hard!!! I mean it is obvious to me he isn't the hardest of hitters but he is super consistent and eventually will break you down. That's how most of his stoppages come. Keith Thurman punch for punch hits harder than him and some others at WW. But Spence is going to hit you hard enough for long enough where he will take the fight out of you.

Comment

roman martinez hits harder than lipinets

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            I wouldn't doubt it.

If you're a puncher, you're a puncher and if you want the KO over a smaller fighter, you'll get the KO him. Unless he's your size or bigger, and established in the weight class, you should get the KO.

No matter how defensive, how technically sound a smaller fighter is, if you're a puncher, you handle dispatch of him.

"Why didn't Mikey go on attack mode then if Spence doesn't hit so hard?"

Because he was outboxed by the bigger, taller guy who had the longer reach? Mikey was always out of range because Spence kept him at bay. Mikey is a technically sound boxer who is not going to lunge in to try to catch you. He sets his feet, sits on his punch and throws. He couldn't do that to Spence because Spence was outboxing him, moving around, staying away from him.

You are saying mikey had no plan B and was perfectly fine with losing 12 rounds to a guy who couldnt hurt him simply because he was out of range.

Not true. Mikey could have tried to get in range but that takes risk and he refused to take those chances because of spence's power.

Comment

Originally posted by The3 View Post
              Now both Mikey Garcia and Lamont Peterson have admits Lipinets hit much harder then Spence
              I take what Mikey said with a grain of salt...but Peterson said that? He has no agenda and no reason to lie. He is good with the Spence camp. He has real respect for them. So I guess he is just telling his honest opinion. Remember someone hitting harder doesn't mean that they are better

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                And Algieri said Provodnikov hits harder than him. It's almost like Spence doesn't hit THAT hard!!! I mean it is obvious to me he isn't the hardest of hitters but he is super consistent and eventually will break you down. That's how most of his stoppages come. Keith Thurman punch for punch hits harder than him and some others at WW. But Spence is going to hit you hard enough for long enough where he will take the fight out of you.

boxers have massive egos and are unable to be honest with themselves when rating other fighters.

Of course Algiere will say Prov was better because he have a win over him, even though spence outclassed him and dropped him multiple times.

Comment

Why do middleweights and super middleweights who spar against Spence come out and say he hits very hard and is extremely strong?

One I can think of off the top of my head is Rob Brant. Brant has a great chin on him too if you've done your homework you'd know this. He called Spence a monster.

Comment

He doesn't hit hard. So you just get schooled all night long for what? I used to have respect for Mikey and for him to say that is some bs. Take your L like a man.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                      You are saying mikey had no plan B and was perfectly fine with losing 12 rounds to a guy who couldnt hurt him simply because he was out of range.

Not true. Mikey could have tried to get in range but that takes risk and he refused to take those chances because of spence's power.
                      You're assuming Spence turns to a complete, stationary punching bag if Mikey had moved closer to him. The close Mikey moved in, the further Spence moved away.

You have to have boxed in order to understand what was going on I guess. It's not something that words can explain to the average boxing e-expert.

Comment

Working...
                      X