No announcement yet.

Malignaggi is Degale’s new trainer!?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by springfiels View Post
    This has sealed it for me, I’m putting money on the repeat win for Truax... No disrespect to Paulie, he is an excellent analyst, but this says to me Degale is more delusional than ever and lost up his own backside.
    Maybe not the right choice, time will tell obviously, but more generally I do think he's right to get another voice in his corner. He wasn't well served by them last time round. One of the worst corner displays I can think of.

Comment

This is official from Boxing News Online

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
        Maybe not the right choice, time will tell obviously, but more generally I do think he's right to get another voice in his corner. He wasn't well served by them last time round. One of the worst corner displays I can think of.
        Yeah absolutely, he might go out and blitz Truax and I’ll be shown to know nada...

I also agree Degale should’ve axed McDonnell ages ago, after his tepid loss to Groves imo.

However, keeping Jim, throwing Malignaggi in as well and waffling on about being injured last time - when you spent the pre-fight build up to Truax 1 waffling about finally being 100% and road mapping his career after winning - makes me think he’s learnt nothing, just panicked.

Comment

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/excl...training-team/

Comment

That's a weird one.

Comment

Originally posted by springfiels View Post
              Yeah absolutely, he might go out and blitz Truax and I’ll be shown to know nada...

I also agree Degale should’ve axed McDonnell ages ago, after his tepid loss to Groves imo.

However, keeping Jim, throwing Malignaggi in as well and waffling on about being injured last time - when you spent the pre-fight build up to Truax 1 waffling about finally being 100% and road mapping his career after winning - makes me think he’s learnt nothing, just panicked.
              Yeah I can't believe he's kept McDonnell. I seem to remember Warren being very scathing about him in the aftermath. He went to the corner at the 11th and heard them telling JD he was winning...

It makes me think Degale isn't in this for much longer and isn't willing to go through the sometimes hard process of taking on a new coach.

Someone close to him really should've sat him down and tried to reconnect him with reality. He does have ability, more than most, but I think his heart may no longer be in it, in which case he really needs to walk away.

Comment

I think he'd be a good trainer

Comment

He sounded like he threw McDonnell under the bus last time so I'm surprised he kept him on.

They always go on about how James can last 15 rounds but he's a faded a number of times now.

The usual pattern for him would be to smash Truax all over the place for about 4 rounds, possibly knock him down and then to start retreating to the ropes and taking rounds off, and then eventually finding himself in a torrid fight.

Also how is James DeGale's knee really? I just can't see why he'd spend so much time on the ropes if he wasn't incapacitated in some way. It was first evident when he fought that Frenchman about 5 years ago. I don't think its been right for 5 years. If so, he's had some career considering.

I think he's just a bit crocked. I don't really think it is about desire or ability.

Hopefully he wins and then fights Groves and rides off into the sunset. His last 5-6 fights have been HARD

Comment

Imagine Degale fighting like paulie
                    Actually it wouldnt be so bad because Degale actually has power, Paulie was pretty easy to hit tho since his hands were always down

Comment

Why is everyone disrespecting Paulie. He's actually really knowledgeable about the sport, and in his prime was very skilled despite his limited power. He'd made a great trainer IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X