No announcement yet.

Let's talk the real reasons the AJ v. Ruiz fight announcement is being delayed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
    I think it’s because Anthony Joshua is using performance enhancing drugs.
    He'd want the fight in America if that was the case. The country where Whyte would not have had a positive test.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      And not worth it because it's not going to bring subs. Competing against College football conference championships. It's a fight Showtime would pay more for because they'll have the rights to the fight for a future Wilder/Ruiz fight. And they can advertise it to show the replay later at night. Klitschko vs. AJ on HBO replay got higher ratings than the live broadcast on Showtime
      What am I thinking. DAZN gave GGG $15 mil per fight. They'll probably spend even more that the first to host this fight at 5pm on a Saturday.

It's obvious these people have no idea what they're doing

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
        I don’t really see a path for Haymon to avoid this rematch.
        Play hardball and Hearn will sue to keep him from taking another fight and put him on the shelf. Eventually he’d be stripped of the titles.
        Better off taking the rematch now. If he thinks Ruiz can knock him out again then the location or refs don’t matter as much. Then he can match him up with Wilder and can control the titles either way.
        How are they avoiding the rematch? Matchroom has all the power to make the fight. Hearn hasn't hinted at the fight not going forward. So where are you getting this idea Haymon is stopping the fight and don't want the fight?

Comment

How are they avoiding the rematch? Matchroom has all the power to make the fight. Hearn hasn't hinted at the fight not going forward. So where are you getting this idea Haymon is stopping the fight and don't want the fight?
          I didn’t say they were outright avoiding it. But no doubt if Haymon had his way it wouldn’t be happening next. He has more lucrative PBC fights he would rather make with Ruiz.

If it was that cut and dry it would have been signed by now. Those Nov/Dec are filling up fast.
          The rematch is a risk for Haymon and Ruiz. Lose that fight they lose a lot of leverage in the heavyweight division. Makes sense to dig in and try and force Hearn to come back their way a little. Be it location or better money to go to the U.K. or elsewhere. It’s all speculation at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            American PBC fans yet again thinking only their country matters and completely disregarding the DAZN customers in other countries. Thick as ****.
            And what countries are DAZN trying to market to again? UK...no, you guys don’t even get DAZN. Pretty sure they’re trying to expand into the North American market.

Not going so well though. Thick as ****

Comment

I didn’t say they were outright avoiding it. But no doubt if Haymon had his way it wouldn’t be happening next. He has more lucrative PBC fights he would rather make with Ruiz.

If it was that cut and dry it would have been signed by now. Those Nov/Dec are filling up fast.
              The rematch is a risk for Haymon and Ruiz. Lose that fight they lose a lot of leverage in the heavyweight division. Makes sense to dig in and try and force Hearn to come back their way a little. Be it location or better money to go to the U.K. or elsewhere. It’s all speculation at this point.
              I’m 100% sure Haymon would be fine with this fight being next as long as it’s not in the UK. Nobody intelligent watched Andy beat Joshua from pillar to post and went “hmmmm, AJ has this guys number”

Comment

Why wouldn't Haymon want this fight next? AJ has more to lose than Ruiz. What more lucrative fights are there for Ruiz? Don't say Wilder because he already has a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                  And what countries are DAZN trying to market to again? UK...no, you guys don’t even get DAZN. Pretty sure they’re trying to expand into the North American market.

Not going so well though. Thick as ****
                  They're trying to expand in every market they're in. That includes europe thick ****s. Afternoon North America/night Europe gets more viewers worldwide than night North America/early morning hours Europe.

Comment

Crawford on the 14th or 7th?
                    Last rumor i saw was Crawford might go on the 14th in the post-Heisman slot that Loma has fought in the last few years.

Comment

Probably because AJ's team is offering Ruiz a lot of money to fight in the UK, but Ruiz doesnt want the fight in the UK but won't receive the same sort of money if the fight is in the USA, but still wants that UK money for a fight in the USA.

Comment

Working...
                      X