Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Boxes Past Andy Ruiz To Reclaim World Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Armchairhero View Post
    Even the fat 20st Ruiz would beat AJ in the 1st fight. AJ can’t slug with fast short heavies

Mike Tyson would do him inside a round
    Let's get that fight on!

Comment

• AJ was a rabbit in this fight. "Catch me if you can". The few blows that Ruiz could land were effective. But AJ had an incredibile conditioning, he could jump and run for 36 minutes.

Btw, totally un-amusing fight for me. This was the only way in which AJ could win vs Ruiz and he did this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
        i hope there is no third fight. joshua fought scared, ruiz couldn't cut the ring off, painful fight to watch. AJ can't compete with wilder nor fury and if he fights usyk next he losses again.
        STFU with that scared sh*it. Fighting tactical has nothing to do with being scared. He didn't give Ruiz his best chance to win which is smart. Not scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          I'm eating crow, Ruiz let me down big time but props to AJ for boxing beautifully. Basics will always prevail.
          Real fan right here

I’m a Joshua fan but i feared for the worst

Stick and move ... old tactic same results

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
            STFU with that scared sh*it. Fighting tactical has nothing to do with being scared. He didn't give Ruiz his best chance to win which is smart. Not scared.
            This fight highlighted how short Ruiz arms are

Every time Joshua got in the inside he got clipped

It’s like the saying don’t throw hooks with against a hooker ! Standard

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
              Probably not, Joshau isnt 40..
              Yea and Wilder isn’t Ruiz short, slow unprepared. Joshua looked like he was worried about getting hit every time.

Comment

• Originally posted by YGriffith View Post
                What Joshua did wasnt any diffrent than what Ali did(jab jab jab right hand clinch jab jab...).
                All you have to do is watch an Ali fight,here in his prime against Sonny Liston:
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W4IKMX-5JLk
                In round one,Ali threw more than 20 jabs with a few power punches here and there (no more than 10) and was moving all round long.
                Talking **** about one and praising the other is just hypocrisy.
                Idk bro.. I see Ali staying in the pocket at times. He's jabbing and throwing right hands.. he's not exclusively jabbing while retreating... Furthermore you're comparing a 1964 fight to one 55yrs later with 2 completely different type of fighters and styles.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                  agreed he had to win that fight anyway he could. it did feel like we were watching klitschko tho

Comment

• They way AJ moved all fight was pretty impressive for a big guy. Not very entertaining to most fight fans, but effective.

I was disappointed with Ruiz after hearing his interview. This was probably the most important, or second most important fight of his life, and he decided to train himself. Maybe he wanted a trilogy and the money that would bring in, and considered this a throwaway fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by jondacon View Post
                      Idk bro.. I see Ali staying in the pocket at times. He's jabbing and throwing right hands.. he's not exclusively jabbing while retreating... Furthermore you're comparing a 1964 fight to one 55yrs later with 2 completely different type of fighters and styles.
                      At times!! And there were times where AJ was the knockout artist, every fight is diffrent and this fight was one AJ couldnt afford to lose so nothing really wrong with playing it safe.

Comment

Working...
                      X