Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does me being overweight affect my boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does me being overweight affect my boxing?

Does the fact that I am overweight affect my boxing? For example, I feel slow and off balance when I punch, slip, or even just moving around the ring. Footwork also feels slow. I jump rope plenty, but I’m thinking of doing the Omad diet to drop pounds. I’m 5”10, 215 lbs.

Originally posted by Muhammad234 View Post
    Does the fact that I am overweight affect my boxing? For example, I feel slow and off balance when I punch, slip, or even just moving around the ring. Footwork also feels slow. I jump rope plenty, but I’m thinking of doing the Omad diet to drop pounds. I’m 5”10, 215 lbs.
    How could it not? Don't do any fad or extreme diets just practice a healthy balanced diet and keep working cardio and stuff to gradually lose weight. You're just on the cusp of obesity technically, but the fact you recognize it is the first step. Starving or fasting like that might work against you in the long run.

Comment

Are you a Muscular 215 or a Blubber Butt ? That can make a difference

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
        Are you a Muscular 215 or a Blubber Butt ? That can make a difference
        I am a blubber butt lol

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
          How could it not? Don't do any fad or extreme diets just practice a healthy balanced diet and keep working cardio and stuff to gradually lose weight. You're just on the cusp of obesity technically, but the fact you recognize it is the first step. Starving or fasting like that might work against you in the long run.
          Will use this. Starting by eating a cleaner diet rather than omad

Comment

Will use this. Starting by eating a cleaner diet rather than omad
            Good luck man. Just try to stay persistent with it and have a vague idea of your caloric intake. No need to count calories and fat/carb intake exactly but try to be mindful and make better choices. For example if you're going to have a salad don't douse it in dressing. I think some of the salads offered at fast food places might be worse for you than just having a reasonable sized hamburger by itself without the fries and drink.

Apples, oat bran (I prefer it to oatmeal) and peanut butter were some of the staples that helped me. Make sure to mix things up cause it can get boring pretty fast relying on certain things.

Intermittent fasting and similar ideas can be effective for some people but it seems like the wrong approach if you're starting from a point of being overweight. That's how a lot of people become morbidly obese it seem. They starve themselves throughout the day and their body goes into survival mode storing more fat, then you get incredibly hungry at night and pig out before bed or something which is the worst time to eat.

It will take a lot of dedication and will power and you'll get really hungry from exercising a lot but just stick with it. Nothing worthwhile is ever easy. And just remember some random loser on the internet believes in you

Also be careful consuming too much fiber because it can make you heinously constipated lol

Comment

Yes.

And for the love of God, no diets.

Change you food to healthy foods that you enjoy and can live on for the next 50 years.

Comment

Agreed about being against short term diets in general. I always explain it like this: you have one diet for your entire life. That's the diet you're trying to alter here.

Comment

Working...
                X