No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Shocked There is No Media Tour For Wilder-Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oshio View Post
    It is part of the tactics on the part of Wilder's manage team to avoid Fury trashtalking Wilder up before his face--something that affected Wilder in the first fight
    The more I’ve heard about this the more this sounds like the truth. To be fair wilder isn’t the only one, Klitschko was impacted too and I’m sure Joshua would be also.

That said, to not even do the media is going to impact sales - I’m surprised the networks allowed it to happen

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Yea this guy really doesn't understand the U.S. market. Two of the biggest stations in America are going to be running shoulder programming during football season for this show. To understand how powerful that is Wilder vs Ortiz got 300k+ PPV buys because of shoulder programming on Fox. Remember that's a rematch nobody wanted to see. That's a fight a year prior wasn't PPV when Wilder KO'd him. Now you got ESPN & Fox running ads and shoulder programming. Both men will be interviewed at the Superbowl. This fight doesn't need a press tour. The only people who think this fight needs a press tour are idiot boxing fans. The casual fans don't care and wouldn't bother watching a press tour. The people who buy the big fights
      You've let a fat rich kid from Billericay ruin your life

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
        He can be shocked or he can be not shocked, it doesn’t have anything to do with him. He’s irrelevant. ESPN and FOX will promote the hell out of this fight including during the Super Bowl, the rest of the existing nfl season leading up to it, college sports, during commercials on UFC on ESPN, during WWE on FOX, and stand alone shoulder programming on both networks will no doubt be epic so keep trying to make
        Yourself relevant by clout chasing a mega ppv fight that shows how the real sports networks reach the AMERICAN sports fan
        Yep! That just about sums it all up! Not only will it be promoted heavily by FOX and ESPN during the NFL playoffs, UFC and WWE, but during NBA regular season games on ESPN also. We all know that average boxing fan is also a fan of the NBA and NFL fan. And also during NCAA basketball games that literally comes on seven days a week on FOX, FS1, ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU. I don't know if that's going to get it to 2 million PPV buys, but it will not be from lack of promotion.

Comment

when you have dual networks, one that has the national title game and the other the nfc playoffs and superbowl, you arent going to need a heck of alot more than that.....sorry eddie

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
            Surely they would want to reach out to more casuals and a press tour is normally way of doing that because you can get so many highlights that can lead to the fight gaining more attention.

Why wouldn’t a fan want them to have said tour that will no doubt increase the chances of this PPV exceeding expectations. Hearn might be a rival promoter but this fight doing well only makes that undisputed match even bigger.

You guys are so anti-Hearn you can barely think straight.

This fight should have had a press tour. I wasn’t even that keen on watching the Harrison-Charlo rematch especially as it wasn’t on UK TV but when I saw those pressers I was like no way am I missing this, I’m staying up for this one. Imagine how many casual fans would do the same after seeing a Wilder- Fury press conference?

This forum does not accurately represent the general public’s awareness, they are missing an opportunity by not properly promoting this fight.
            I know it pains the cult but this fight has nothing to do with Hearn.(😂😂&#128514 So his opinion is irrelevant.

Who cares if there’s no press tour?

Who cares if the casuals watch or I don’t ?

All that matters is that the TWO BEST HW’s are fighting to establish who the true number 1 is. That’s all that’s relevant to us real fans.

As I said fine line between fan and fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              Yea this guy really doesn't understand the U.S. market. Two of the biggest stations in America are going to be running shoulder programming during football season for this show. To understand how powerful that is Wilder vs Ortiz got 300k+ PPV buys because of shoulder programming on Fox. Remember that's a rematch nobody wanted to see. That's a fight a year prior wasn't PPV when Wilder KO'd him. Now you got ESPN & Fox running ads and shoulder programming. Both men will be interviewed at the Superbowl. This fight doesn't need a press tour. The only people who think this fight needs a press tour are idiot boxing fans. The casual fans don't care and wouldn't bother watching a press tour. The people who buy the big fights
              Casual fans now watch press conferences apparently...🤣🤣

Comment

Idk if I agree with Hearn here. Press tours are great but it's old school. The people who go to pressers are hardcore fans.. many who likely already have tickets to the fight. Casuals wont show up for those events imo. What a casual will see is them on ESPN, FOX and all their subsidiaries. Whether that will translate to buys remains to be seen... BUT I do like the guerilla marketing strategy. We are all over the internet and cable as consumers, with our attention span as short as ever.. flash marketing might help, but it's a bold strategy.

I'm curious to know... Long term if these networks REALLY get behind their fighters and choose to promote them and boxing in general, can this marketing strategy be viable?

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
                  Exactly what Bob wants you to say. You swallowed it.

Getting airtime in other big TV events isn't some innovative new idea. Believe it or not, the UK has big TV events too - and uses them to publicise their channel's upcoming shows. This has been happening in every developed nation forever.

But you still do a press conference. The networks and promoters are going use decent PPV numbers as evidence that network size is everything, hence DAZN can't compete - to the detriment of the fighters and the fans.
                  Originally posted by Bob Haymon View Post
                  I see we're just rounding up to the nearest hundred thousand and then some.

Why give the fans an affordable subscription option when you can just put your best fights behind an $80 paywall? How many tickets did Charlo-Harrison 2 sell? Most of the events on broadcast tv are trash like Plant-Lee. That's even worse for the growth of the sport.
                  Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                  You've let a fat rich kid from Billericay ruin your life
                  Nobody watches this **** but hardcore fans. Good for YouTube channels. The week of the fight is the most important. That's when the last fight gained a lot of buzz "Til this day" the week of the fight is when you put on the big push with the press conferences and media events. It'll be media from all over the world that week. Major media not just boxing media.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Spear View Post
                    This fight doesn't need a media tour.
                    What it needs is a decent undercard so I can enjoy some boxing before my family gets drunk and starts yelling.
                    Hahah! Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post
                      Yep! That just about sums it all up! Not only will it be promoted heavily by FOX and ESPN during the NFL playoffs, UFC and WWE, but during NBA regular season games on ESPN also. We all know that average boxing fan is also a fan of the NBA and NFL fan. And also during NCAA basketball games that literally comes on seven days a week on FOX, FS1, ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU. I don't know if that's going to get it to 2 million PPV buys, but it will not be from lack of promotion.
                      They are saying the HD fight PPV is going to be be priced at $85 - $100 in the U.S. Likely 24.99 in the UK. The days of large numbers paying that much for a PPV fight in the U.S. are over. I don't even think they will break 1 million pay per views. There is so much fight content out there, boxing, MMA, etc. priced lower, large numbers won't open their wallets anymore. It will be streamed illegally and posted on Youtube a few minutes after its over anyhow. It's just reality of the current market.

Comment

Working...
                      X