Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Floyd Mayweather is great in my mind.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
    Listen to these words coming from Floyd on Episode 2 of All Access.

While these words sound so simple and unimportant, they mean a lot coming from the best boxer in the world today. All fighters take heed!

"Boxing is an art-where I don't have to be the strongest...I don't have to be the fastest...I don't have to have the best footwork...but I, I got the best mind. Like I always say, it's Chess, I know how to win"!
    That is the main reason why he has so many haters because he is smart! Half the people on here really don't know to much abt boxing, all they want to see is a slug fest! that's why they love manny so much! I mean the guy literally comes in to every fight with no tactics, no game plain and no defense just abt! He just jumps around like a kangaroo and charges in with punches! But I guess that's true boxing skills to the causal fan lol!
    Last edited by MR PUNCHOUT; 09-04-2013, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
      Dude Floyd is smart and says some sh it that amazes u but then his stupid side comes out.
      I'm a fan and my girl is infatuated wih him. If he wasn't black if be in trouble haha
      Im just curious why is your girl infatuated with him?

Comment

While these words sound so simple and unimportant, they mean a lot coming from the best boxer in the world today. All fighters take heed!

"Boxing is an art-where I don't have to be the strongest...I don't have to be the fastest...I don't have to have the best footwork...but I, I got the best mind. Like I always say, it's Chess, I know how to win"!
        I had to replay that part from All Access a couple of times. Gave me goosebumps because it's nothing but the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
          I had to replay that part from All Access a couple of times. Gave me goosebumps because it's nothing but the truth.
          Yep. The truth coming to you live lol.

Comment

I'd say that the answer is "because you have so much free space in there".

You shouldn't ask such leading questions on this site.....they just absolutely beg for an answer like above.

Comment

Franky does have a good point, though. Floyd is very intelligent in and out of the ring. It has made him $$$ and a living legend.

I, like a lot of boxing fans, wish he were a bit more reckless in and out of the ring (i.e. taking on tougher opponents & willing to exchange more). Although, I'm not the one taking the punches; he is.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                I'd say that the answer is "because you have so much free space in there".

You shouldn't ask such leading questions on this site.....they just absolutely beg for an answer like above.
                Ed, that's not really an answer.

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
                  Franky does have a good point, though. Floyd is very intelligent in and out of the ring. It has made him $$$ and a living legend.

I, like a lot of boxing fans, wish he were a bit more reckless in and out of the ring (i.e. taking on tougher opponents & willing to exchange more). Although, I'm not the one taking the punches; he is.
                  I just don't know who the tougher opponents are when people say that. You saw his hand on all access. The exchange days are over unless someone can force the issue.

Comment

I just don't know who the tougher opponents are when people say that. You saw his hand on all access. The exchange days are over unless someone can force the issue.
                    Well at this point it's essentially talking in hindsight. He didn't take on some of the big names in his division when they were in their prime: Mosley, Cotto, Margarito, Pacquiao. The part that bothers me about that, I'm not saying he ducked or anything, is that he would have been a favorite in ALL of those fights and PROBABLY would have won them all. Those missed opportunities hurt his legacy. However, NOW, in the present, he is taking his biggest challenge in Canelo. So, I cannot criticize his current opponents that much. Now that he is on his way out of the sport (I don't think he'll fight until he's 40), he SHOULD get to choose easier fights to end his career. However, I hope he challenges himself, like he did be taking on Canelo, and continues to pursue tough fights. I think they're best for his long-term legacy and his bank account.

I agree about his hands. I think they've been donezo for a while now. I think truly think he could have KO'd his last few opponents (except for Mosley) if his hands weren't obliterated.

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
                      Well at this point it's essentially talking in hindsight. He didn't take on some of the big names in his division when they were in their prime: Mosley, Cotto, Margarito, Pacquiao. The part that bothers me about that, I'm not saying he ducked or anything, is that he would have been a favorite in ALL of those fights and PROBABLY would have won them all. Those missed opportunities hurt his legacy. However, NOW, in the present, he is taking his biggest challenge in Canelo. So, I cannot criticize his current opponents that much. Now that he is on his way out of the sport (I don't think he'll fight until he's 40), he SHOULD get to choose easier fights to end his career. However, I hope he challenges himself, like he did be taking on Canelo, and continues to pursue tough fights. I think they're best for his long-term legacy and his bank account.

I agree about his hands. I think they've been donezo for a while now. I think truly think he could have KO'd his last few opponents (except for Mosley) if his hands weren't obliterated.
                      He needs to fight the mighty Anaconda who lives deep in the jungle just down the dirt track from Tiger Muhammed, They're sparring partners, toe to toe everyday, well not toe to toe cus snakes don't have feet, but u know.

Comment

Working...
                      X