Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would happen if two sanctioning bodies were to merge?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would happen if two sanctioning bodies were to merge?

Say IBF/WBA or any two of the four bodies were to merge together, would that bring a higher importance to a new belt now that their would only be three belts, but one with a larger system of fighters?

If this were to happen where would boxing go in terms of popularity? I'm sure all these ABC belts confuse commonfolk who don't understand the words like "INTERIM WBC DIAMOND BELT HOLDER..."

Eventually the goal would be to go back to having one undisputed belt by possibly all four sanctioning bodies being forced to merge due to one merge happening between two bodies.

Of course those like WBF, NABF, IBO, etc. would still be around, but it would be obvious who THE CHAMP is. I mean at least let's just keep it to undisputed and interim if anything.

A great day for boxing.....if the wbc and Wba merge their would an emergence of lineage considering they were the first "world" alphabet titles....the ibf has a Lil clout IMO the wbo is bull**** and until fighters unified with it handy it was nothing but a belt for overhyped prospects and euro fighters

Comment

If i was a billionaire that's what i would waste my money on. Merging these ****s and creating a single governing body.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
        Say IBF/WBA or any two of the four bodies were to merge together, would that bring a higher importance to a new belt now that their would only be three belts, but one with a larger system of fighters?

If this were to happen where would boxing go in terms of popularity? I'm sure all these ABC belts confuse commonfolk who don't understand the words like "INTERIM WBC DIAMOND BELT HOLDER..."

Eventually the goal would be to go back to having one undisputed belt by possibly all four sanctioning bodies being forced to merge due to one merge happening between two bodies.

Of course those like WBF, NABF, IBO, etc. would still be around, but it would be obvious who THE CHAMP is. I mean at least let's just keep it to undisputed and interim if anything.
        Better fights/less ducks/more quality belt-holders/a great day for fans/a horrible nightmare for fans of fighters who are protected hype-jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          If i was a billionaire that's what i would waste my money on. Merging these ****s and creating a single governing body.
          Agreed.....

Comment

WIBCOFA -World International boxing coalition of F**king ass holes

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              No doubt about it, but what would you rename the company..

Comment

You would have the IBC or the WBF! Ha

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                  You would have the IBC or the WBF! Ha
                  There's already a wbf Holyfield won it in his fight with botha or whatever his name is

I think there's a ibc to there's a lot I read in ring magazine a few years ago that there is something like 200 sanctioning bodies but I'm sure he was exaggerating
                  But there is a lot.

Comment

it will really be great for boxing if all these governing bodies merge into one respectable world governing body....

Comment

Working...
                    X