No announcement yet.

first serious sparring match back and froze

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    Can i just ask if anyone knows when you become an intermediate level boxer? Is it possible to reach that stage without ever having been coached? But by just reading books and knowing the theory can you rise above begginer?

You see im thinking of taking lessons but i dont know whether i should go for begginner classes or not? Ive punched the heavybag and hit focus pads but never with a trainer.
    You can do all the studying, film watching, or watching in the gym all you want but it's a whole different experience when you get into the ring. Trust me. You want to know how good of a boxer you are ? Spar man. Spar with someone that has a fight coming up. You will find out how ready you are or where you're at.

I suggest you start beginner classes. Even professionals have bad habits and still make mistakes. Boxing isn't an easy sport, that's why not everyone can do it. I always agree when boxers say "people that talk **** about boxing never laced up a pair of gloves before so they don't know **** about boxing". That's the truth man.

Comment

Yea seriously that guy you were up against was bobbin and weaving and comin in at you, what a dick lol. But since your 200 lbs right now just try to eat a low fat diet aka turkey,lots of vegetables,fat free chicken, and you'll get down in weight in no time.

I just watched the whole thing and you ate a lot of punches man, next time try to punch after they hit you and counter em.
      Last edited by xxMidgetxx; 09-19-2010, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thank Me Later View Post
        You can do all the studying, film watching, or watching in the gym all you want but it's a whole different experience when you get into the ring. Trust me. You want to know how good of a boxer you are ? Spar man. Spar with someone that has a fight coming up. You will find out how ready you are or where you're at.

I suggest you start beginner classes. Even professionals have bad habits and still make mistakes. Boxing isn't an easy sport, that's why not everyone can do it. I always agree when boxers say "people that talk **** about boxing never laced up a pair of gloves before so they don't know **** about boxing". That's the truth man.
        Ive read about how to box, ive learned from youtube sites as well. But i agree with you then that i am still a begginer and if i go to a gym or club i will go to the begginer classes, where they teach you how to stand in an onguard position and all the other basics. Thanks.

Comment

is it just me or does the green gloves guy do that infamous "bow and arrow" jermain taylor right hand?

Comment

First off go to a real gym with a ring and lose all the douche bags that were heckling you! smack talking while sparring is ok but only when its competitive. the black dude you were sparring is a fuk- bag because he knew full well that you were having problems pulling the trigger after the 1st round, and the fact that you were coming off a long layoff he should have eased up so you could at least work your jab but he chose to tee off on you thats not the kind of enviroment that you need at this point. the positive things I see in you are your not glove shy you keep your hands up good and tight and caught most of the head shots he threw on your gloves and your balance is pretty good he was trying to knock you out and he really couldn't even manage to knock you off balance much I think if you get out of that garage get to a gym that will let you spar with more expierenced guys who won't try to take your head off but will work with you you'll be a new man. but if you do decide to spar this guy again for god sakes when he starts to throw stick him hard with your jab it will off set him and he will have to start over trust me he's a sucker for it.
            Last edited by toehead; 09-20-2010, 02:05 AM.

Comment

thanks guys for all..... the replys back, read them all. and before, the match started. i knew it was bull****......, i wore 16 and their like 10s the regular mofo im not stupid i ****ing know period.... they wanted to know were i was at, but its ok it didnt get hurt

my brother with an fdup jaw because of surgery can punch harder then him and he had me doing the chick dance, ktfo etc and thats the truth. they know.

reading books and being in the ring, are not even remotely the same.
              im sorry. im not trying to be disrespectful or anything its the truth........

sorry for sounding like an ahole but im a nice person at heart.

Comment

Originally posted by grimmjow View Post

the two of you froze,it is common for beginners,try changing your pace and move in different directions while throwing jabs,this will give you a feel of the sport and eventually the two of you will start to show progress

Comment

Working...
                X