No announcement yet.

Mahyar Monshipour

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jomapac
    calling on Tino, we are expecting the results of the fight....
    dude fight is tonight , it starts in 12 hours . cnat post results of what didnt happened.

BTW , fight will be on thai channel 7 , i just read it in a french site.

Comment

pictures of the press conference , and the weigh-in

Comment

Thanks for the Pics Tino, as soon as there are result, could you update us here, I am somewhere in the middle of the Sahara, no way for me to see the fight....Thank you in advance

Comment

here we go guys :

monshipour vs yoddamrong

the fight was an all out war

round 1 : monshipour with an high guard , applies pressure and sticks inside , using uppercuts , mainly the left , followed by bodyshots . yoddamrong answers with a good guard but lack of head movement. he blocks punches , waiting for an opening with the left hook or the right uppercut.

a few combos from monshipour land , but he doenst seem to bother the thai , who answers with less blows but sharper and seemingly harder punches.

round 2 : the fight is still in a phonebooth , both men seems to have agreed to forgot about lateral movement. monshipour applies steady pressure , but the thai blocks and counter wery well. the body shots from monshipour seems to have hurt him as he seems winded. at the end of the round , the thai seems overhelmed by the hooks and uppercuts from monshipour but he reacts with 2 goods counter left hooks at the end of the round.$

round 3 : the arena is gone wild , the fight is a small gatti ward . the thai choose not to seat between rounds . monshipour face is turning red. they both go to the center of the ring . monshipour strenght allow him to bully the thai around , but a counter right uppercut send him to the rope , the thai thinks he got him and go for the finish ! but it was a trap , as monshipour let him come and counters with a solid hook uppercut combo ! the thai absorb the punishment but seems to be tired and slowed , thx to the body work.

round 4 : monshipour pressure is getting smarter as he uses his jab to settle combinations . this new weapon bothers the thai , who starts fighting from the outside , but his legs seems gone , and moshipour corners him and then punish him with bodyshots.

round 5 : the thai is still on his feets , this guy is warrior.
          monshipour lands at will now , and the referee is about to stop it , when he reacts with hooks that woobles monshipour !
          but thats just enough to fininsh the round.

round 6 : monshipour jumps on the challenger who takes a beating now. a body shot foolowed big a right uppercuts send him to the canvas! the crowd already chants monshipour name who jumps around . but somehow yoddmarong get up. a barrage from monshipour send him to the ropes . the referee has seen enough and stops the fight.

a great fight , really. cool to see it live. i ll post a few pics later. sorry thaiboxer and jomapac , but your guy fought bravely , you can be proud , he was ovationned by the french crowd.

Comment

Thanks for the update tino!

So it was a phone booth type of a fight, hmmm...in the pre-fight interview his team said that he will box Mahyar from the outside since he don't really possess KO power inhis hands. Their ploy backfired obviously.

Props to the champ Monshipour. I heard in some boards that he will unify his WBA strap with WBO champ Joan Guzman, any confirmation on this? many thanks bro.

Comment

Originally posted by muay_thai
              Major belts only jomapac, let's list it down...

1. Yodsanan 3K Battery Nanthachai - WBA Superfeatherweight champ
              2. Veeraphol Sahaprom - WBC Bantamweight champ
              3. Ratanachai Sor Vorapin - WBO Bantamweight champ
              4. Pongsaklek Wonjongkham - WBC Flyweight champ
              5. Eagle Akakura - WBC Minimumweight champ (Thai based in Japan)

If we will include those other scrappy belts from the WBU, WBF, PABA, OPBF and ABC...it could be nearly 20.

Very impressive ! Thai boxers have always been known to be world-class ...

Comment

some pics

Comment

Originally posted by tino
                  here we go guys :

monshipour vs yoddamrong

the fight was an all out war

round 1 : monshipour with an high guard , applies pressure and sticks inside , using uppercuts , mainly the left , followed by bodyshots . yoddamrong answers with a good guard but lack of head movement. he blocks punches , waiting for an opening with the left hook or the right uppercut.

a few combos from monshipour land , but he doenst seem to bother the thai , who answers with less blows but sharper and seemingly harder punches.

round 2 : the fight is still in a phonebooth , both men seems to have agreed to forgot about lateral movement. monshipour applies steady pressure , but the thai blocks and counter wery well. the body shots from monshipour seems to have hurt him as he seems winded. at the end of the round , the thai seems overhelmed by the hooks and uppercuts from monshipour but he reacts with 2 goods counter left hooks at the end of the round.$

round 3 : the arena is gone wild , the fight is a small gatti ward . the thai choose not to seat between rounds . monshipour face is turning red. they both go to the center of the ring . monshipour strenght allow him to bully the thai around , but a counter right uppercut send him to the rope , the thai thinks he got him and go for the finish ! but it was a trap , as monshipour let him come and counters with a solid hook uppercut combo ! the thai absorb the punishment but seems to be tired and slowed , thx to the body work.

round 4 : monshipour pressure is getting smarter as he uses his jab to settle combinations . this new weapon bothers the thai , who starts fighting from the outside , but his legs seems gone , and moshipour corners him and then punish him with bodyshots.

round 5 : the thai is still on his feets , this guy is warrior.
                  monshipour lands at will now , and the referee is about to stop it , when he reacts with hooks that woobles monshipour !
                  but thats just enough to fininsh the round.

round 6 : monshipour jumps on the challenger who takes a beating now. a body shot foolowed big a right uppercuts send him to the canvas! the crowd already chants monshipour name who jumps around . but somehow yoddmarong get up. a barrage from monshipour send him to the ropes . the referee has seen enough and stops the fight.

a great fight , really. cool to see it live. i ll post a few pics later. sorry thaiboxer and jomapac , but your guy fought bravely , you can be proud , he was ovationned by the french crowd.

Tino, thanks for the round by round action, like Muay Thai, I would also like to here confirmation if monshipour will unify the belts with Guzman.....Thanks again

Comment

there will be an interview of monshipour today or tomorrow , once i have it i ll tell you , dont worry.

Comment

Originally posted by tino
                      there will be an interview of monshipour today or tomorrow , once i have it i ll tell you , dont worry.
                      Thanks again Tino...

Comment

Working...
                      X