No announcement yet.

I'm nervous, moving up in weight to fight tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm nervous, moving up in weight to fight tonight

Well since the guy I was supposed to fight at bantam weight backed out of the fight I got asked if I wanted to move up to feather weight to fight a guy who won his last fight at bantam weight, I accepted.

Fighting him today, gotta say I walk around at about 57kg and hes a natural bantam weight himself but is just heavy. Before the weigh-in, I had to drink a bottle of water but got all day to get energy before the fight!

any hints for tonight? wish me luck.. hugs and kisses.

Originally posted by Oriachim View Post
    Well since the guy I was supposed to fight at bantam weight backed out of the fight I got asked if I wanted to move up to feather weight to fight a guy who won his last fight at bantam weight, I accepted.

Fighting him today, gotta say I walk around at about 57kg and hes a natural bantam weight himself but is just heavy. Before the weigh-in, I had to drink a bottle of water but got all day to get energy before the fight!

I say just go in feeling good and light. You don't want to be feeling heavy in a fight above your natural weight. It can only hurt you and make you sluggish. Just keep to your gameplan. Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

Comment

You'll be rite mate. Just stick to what you've learnt in the gym and tell us how u get on. Whats your age and experience btw?

Comment

Originally posted by angus the bull View Post
        You'll be rite mate. Just stick to what you've learnt in the gym and tell us how u get on. Whats your age and experience btw?
        I am 22 yrs old and been boxing about 3 months now. The guy I am fighting has only been boxing a few months to.

Comment

relax talk to some mates tokeep the pressure of or music etc. just remeber the basie and key things whens your fight pal and is it GMT?

Comment

Originally posted by Oriachim View Post

not a guarantee, but you should be faster. use your speed. stay away from him, jab into range, do your work and jab out of range or weave out. Use a lot of lateral movement as well.

its hard to give specific advice not knowing either of your styles or attributes. best of luck though bro!

Comment

Good luck man.

I've got my first one comming up next saturday. Just remember to relax and have fun.

Comment

Good Luck bro.

Comment

Good luck!
                  Give us details when you get back.

Comment

Pretty gutted, I lost. Got stopped in second round. In the first round, I got the better of him according to my friends... second round, I was doing good into I tripped on my own feet and the ref started counting me out! (tho he landed some killer shots on me apparently) I panicked and tryed to hurt him, he slapped me and I got counted again. (the officals told me it was a slap and it shouldn't of been a count down).... then he launched into me and I held my guard up high and my corner stopped the fight. I was really upset and my corner got stick for stopping the fight which upset me. One guy told me (from opposite team, a coach), that "its rare a bantam weight hits so hard, you got a load of potential, just increase your footwork and fitness and you'll win next time" maybe trying to motivate me.

I'm pretty gutted I lost the fight, got told it takes balls to get in the ring but who am I to say?

Comment

Working...
                    X