Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you guys ever mentored or try to help any younger cats out and they turn on you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
    Me and some colleagues had this discussion. Back when I was a GM, I gave a ton of younger guys a chance and even mentored and helped them all out, but pretty much almost all of them ended up blaming me for their failures. I think thats whats wrong with this generation they bite the hand that feeds them and try to throw anyone under the bus to save their own behind in a heartbeat.

Bunch of my friends had a similar situation where we all tried to give these younger guys the benefit of the doubt and it blows up in our faces.

I never was like that towards any of my mentors. They taught me a lot and pulled strings for me that I still greatly appreciate to this day.
    i remember seeing some of this kind of stuff in my generation too (gen X) it just wasn't as common to turn on your mentors back then but i remember a few guys doing it

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
    I try talking to these little dudes but they fall victim to wanting to badly to be “cool
    Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
    You were probably too nice to them. You can't be very nice when you mentor someone. You have to show interest, but ask them open ended questions and let them come to conclusions by themselves.
    social conformity is way more important now than it was then, i think that has something to do with it

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
      Im saying, you just whoop his ass
      lmao kids like 24 5'5" 100 lbs when he's wet and wearing boots!

what pissed me off the most is i pulled strings for him put my neck on the line and he keeps failing over and over again so i stopped throwing him a bone a few years back.

now he's trying to blackmail me into helping him get funding for some stupid projects that will never get off the ground.

he like doesn't want to work and just save up money like the old fashion way. scrub feels entitled for no reason at all.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        in the past yes but they didnt turn on me...actually ended up being responsible peeps...just needed a helping hand during a rough time

would i do it again with this younger generation? fack no..i hate 99% of these young assh0les nowadays
        yeah bro the kids today are real c*nts they all think they are mark zuckerberg without actually putting in the work or know how and the sense of entitlement is outrageous.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
          You were probably too nice to them. You can't be very nice when you mentor someone. You have to show interest, but ask them open ended questions and let them come to conclusions by themselves.
          THIS all day bro! When I was doing real well I was very generous and down to help anyone who asked me.

Now a days I ain't helping no one especially these younger scrubs looking for a hook up or whatever.

It's even way worse now with social media everyone claims to be this and that and have this company or start up and they just talking noise.

One of those kids I was talking about just goes from one bad start up idea to the next. Like he never actually worked a real job or earned a decent amount of money to even save up. Like he doesn't even want to put in the actual work.

He thinks posting a new pair of Jordans is an accomplishment.

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
            i remember seeing some of this kind of stuff in my generation too (gen X) it just wasn't as common to turn on your mentors back then but i remember a few guys doing it

social conformity is way more important now than it was then, i think that has something to do with it
            bro I wouldn't have had all the success I had in the past if it weren't for my mentors. they taught me so much, hooked me up with all their connections, they took a chance on me when I was in my mid 20's.

The only bad thing is most are retired now so for the rest of us that have another 35 years to go of working and grinding its like we are starting over with a whole new generation coming in.

But back to the topic at hand, I wouldn't even consider, the thought would never cross my mind to ever cross them over or throw them under the boss like this newer generation coming in does on the regular.

Comment

no good deed goes unpunished.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
                Green K bro.

thats weird i posted something and it disappeared????

But yea this quote of yours sums it up!

Comment

Green K! This EXACTLY!

one of the kids i was helping, never had a dad, so i felt bad , his mom was single and working at Denny's.

But if a kids a ****head then he's a ****head you can't really do much when they don't want to work or grind on their own. They just want to brag on social media on the dumbest things.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
                    Green K! This EXACTLY!

one of the kids i was helping, never had a dad, so i felt bad , his mom was single and working at Denny's.

But if a kids a ****head then he's a ****head you can't really do much when they don't want to work or grind on their own. They just want to brag on social media on the dumbest things.
                    there are consequences fore everything we do. i try not to involve myself in other peoples lives if i can avoid it.

Comment

there are consequences fore everything we do. i try not to involve myself in other peoples lives if i can avoid it.
                      bro i used to give my # out to everyone who asked for it. now they are lucky if they get my spam email lol.

my lady gives her google # out, I'm just too lazy to even create one and memorize it lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X