Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"We gave Showtime all the Malignaggi sparring footage but they didn't use it because"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluzi View Post
    They will need the Avatar team to work on this editing as they will be wearing different clothes and i think McG switched gloves (not 100%) , its mission impossible kind of **** , Paulie should have taken the high road and say that McG was unorthodox and he was surprised at how good he was , instead he was caught lying on the single most important point of the entire discussion , the "he got frustrated in the clinch and shoved me" its no where close to what happened even if you consider it a push and not a KD , he cannot be trusted anymore and if the UFC won't release the tapes he is done as a celeb , he will be mocked by everyone until he retires.
    Yea idk about the editing thing myself. LOL. I just thought it was a lil nuts that Paulie would even bring something like that up in a serious manner it would seem.

And yea Paulie already got caught lying with the "frustrated shove" comment which whatever you thought that clip was a knockdown or not it for sure wasn't a frustrated shove. I've heard Paulie trying to explain that away to & he just sorta says he's miss remembering things. I think by the time this whole tape gets released sometime in September or October Paulie will be miss remembering a lot of things.

I also think Paulie for sure didn't think as much of this video would get released as has already happened thus far which is why he's in the spot of already having to backtrack on some sh^t.

So yea if this legit went down as competitive or one way towards Conor Paulie best serves himself by just being straight & saying he was surprised by how good Conor was & saves himself some future embarrassment points against him.

Although regardless of all that idk about you saying he can't be trusted. A lot of us have ego being too much of a motivator for us so when our own sh^t is on the line we can all be leaned into not being 100% truthful or having a selective memory at times. I can't fault Paulie much on his overall standing for a weak moment, assuming he did "lose" vs Conor in sparring, when ego is in play in a competitive sport like boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by GodLike View Post
      Why doesn't dana release it himself then? hes happy for showtime to release it, Paulie has insisted they release it so just release it your self? What difference does it make it showtime does it?
      You are sparring for a $100M+ payday fight. If you win you might be looking at another $100M+ payday fight with Canelo potentially. You don't like a sparring partner. You beat him up in sparring. He says you didn't. He says show the video. Your opponent knows minimal about how you fight & what your strategy could be for the $100M+ payday fight.

Would you show the video of you sparring some moron for a $100M+ fight that could help your opponent learn about your pluses & minuses in a few weeks just cuz of your ego or shutting down the morons ego?

Take the names & the rest of the bs out of the equation & anyone who answers yes to the above question is stupid. Of course you don't release the sparring video for a $100M+ fight over some stupid pissing contest.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
        Dana White is a liar and a crook. I wouldn't trust him at all.

That said Paulie has already admitted to Conor beating him up in some rounds so I'm starting to think the rounds that he thought he kicked Conor's ass were probably just him controlling the round with his jab and movement, while Conor actually landed the clean effective punches.
        That's my feeling on it. Let's be honest, what does Paulie whooping someone actually look like? considering he can't punch, his idea of kicking someones arse is peppering the opponent with the jab and the odd right hand here and there.

I've no doubt Paulie probably controlled some rounds though.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          You are sparring for a $100M+ payday fight. If you win you might be looking at another $100M+ payday fight with Canelo potentially. You don't like a sparring partner. You beat him up in sparring. He says you didn't. He says show the video. Your opponent knows minimal about how you fight & what your strategy could be for the $100M+ payday fight.

Would you show the video of you sparring some moron for a $100M+ fight that could help your opponent learn about your pluses & minuses in a few weeks just cuz of your ego or shutting down the morons ego?

Take the names & the rest of the bs out of the equation & anyone who answers yes to the above question is stupid. Of course you don't release the sparring video for a $100M+ fight over some stupid pissing contest.
          You are missing the point, of course you don't release the spar before a fight.

The point is Dana said in this video that he gave the sparring footage to showtime TO USE, but they choose not to.

Why would you give them the sparring footage and tell them they can use it if you don't want people to see it?.

Comment

Originally posted by GodLike View Post
            You are missing the point, of course you don't release the spar before a fight.

The point is Dana said in this video that he gave the sparring footage to showtime TO USE, but they choose not to.

Why would you give them the sparring footage and tell them they can use it if you don't want people to see it?.
            Well you are missing the point if you think Dana should release the footage to the public as it seemed you were suggesting or hinting at or whatever.
            Why doesn't dana release it himself then? hes happy for showtime to release it, Paulie has insisted they release it so just release it your self? What difference does it make it showtime does it?
            And Dana seemed like he was speculating on why Showtime didn't show the "tons of footage we gave them" (didn't sound like he's given them the whole video to me) more than he was saying why they told him they didn't show it. I imagine there could be a million reasons Showtime didn't wanna show it in their All Access show as you wanna spin a narrative around the fight you are showing not hype a whole other potential fight or some other controversy outside the one you are trying to create.

This video is almost 100% going to get out there at some point. So its whatever to me when it actually does get released, but if anyone thinks this is getting released BEFORE Aug. 26 I think you aren't looking at the bigger logic here with this $100M+ fight.

Comment

Thats not what Paulie is saying, except the out of shape part, so someone is gonna look like a huge a$$hole.

And I'm not even talking about Floyd vs Conor. That ain't got sh^t to do with this sparring bs at this point. Who's in shape, who's not in shape, who's training for a fight, etc. This 20 rounds of sparring has become the JFK assassination conspiracy of boxing til that full video gets released. This thing is like a more mainstream version of that Mayweather vs Spadafora sparring controversy from back in the day lol. This is a whole thing by itself.
              Both guys are shyt, Paulie would school his ass in an actual boxing fight where Paulie had been in camp as long as MacGruber has been. End of story/

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
                Yeah because Showtime cares more about Paulie than possibly making millions more.
                Literally............it LITERALLY made no sense. Showtime would want to release that footage to make Connor look even better and hype up the fight even more. WTF is Dana talking about?

Comment

Well you are missing the point if you think Dana should release the footage to the public as it seemed you were suggesting or hinting at or whatever.

And Dana seemed like he was speculating on why Showtime didn't show the "tons of footage we gave them" (didn't sound like he's given them the whole video to me) more than he was saying why they told him they didn't show it. I imagine there could be a million reasons Showtime didn't wanna show it in their All Access show as you wanna spin a narrative around the fight you are showing not hype a whole other potential fight or some other controversy outside the one you are trying to create.

This video is almost 100% going to get out there at some point. So its whatever to me when it actually does get released, but if anyone thinks this is getting released BEFORE Aug. 26 I think you aren't looking at the bigger logic here with this $100M+ fight.
                  I'm not sure what's so hard to understand.

I don't think he should release the footage i am merely pointing out the contraction he is making.

Dana sent showtime the sparring footage to use on all access but they choose not to use it. So he had no problem with showtime showing the footage. if hes happy for showtime to show it, why isn't he happy to just put the footage out himself? You can't say because they don't want to give away anything hes been working on because he was happy for showtime to show the footage.

Comment

I don't doubt it for 1 second

Comment

it would suck to be paulie and a fan of boxing..

Comment

Working...
                      X