Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Nery Stops Shinsuke Yamanaka in Four To Claim WBC Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Humean View Post
    It was probably simply a case of the right style at the right time, Yamanaka had started to get knocked down in fights of late. I'm not entirely convinced by Nery either but he should definitely be in fun fights.

It really goes to show how few people on this forum actually watch the full spread of the sport when a long time champion has his nearly 6 year reign ended and yet so few people comment upon it. Too busy arguing about that freak show that is Mayweather-McGregor.

This year feels like an end of an era kind of year, Yamanaka the latest to likely end up in retirement.
    I agree... you also have both Miuras retiring, I don't recall but wasn't it recently that Hasegawa finally called it a day?

Japanese boxing has a lot of amazing younger talent... just sucks to see the older cats go. It's all part of life but still... ty Japan ��

Edit: forgot to add Sonic Fists looking like he's on the verge of stepping away as well... nooooooooo ****... Yaegashi was a beast in his prime..

Comment

Oh, snap. I wasn't expecting THAT. Bad times for Japanese boxing at the minute, it's all on Inoue and Murata's shoulders now.

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
        Oh, snap. I wasn't expecting THAT. Bad times for Japanese boxing at the minute, it's all on Inoue and Murata's shoulders now.
        Higa is a crude diamond in the rough as well.

Tanaka is a good talent and Ioka is still a good name. Japan will be fine, they are a land of warriors.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
          I agree... you also have both Miuras retiring, I don't recall but wasn't it recently that Hasegawa finally called it a day?

Japanese boxing has a lot of amazing younger talent... just sucks to see the older cats go. It's all part of life but still... ty Japan ��

Edit: forgot to add Sonic Fists looking like he's on the verge of stepping away as well... nooooooooo ****... Yaegashi was a beast in his prime..
          I think Hasegawa retired last December.

This year we have Klitschko, Bradley, Uchiyama, Miura, Marquez and Guerrero who have retired. I'm not sure if Yaegashi is retiring but he is definitely at the end, and I can now see Yamanaka retiring as well as Arthur Abraham. Also likely (and hopefully) this will be the final year in the careers of Cotto, Mayweather and Pacquiao.

Comment

Wow, wasn't expecting that. Gonna have to check this one out.

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
              Tanaka, Kyoguchi and Higa are more than adequate replacements for Uchiyama, Yamanaka and Miura. Ken Shiro also recently won a world title. Murata will avenge the N'Dam robbery and be in line for a title shot soon. Koura just won an OPBF title and Maruta and Shimizu fight for one in their next bouts. Inoue is obviously excellent, plus his brother and cousin are rising through the ranks. And there's a talented young amateur named Tsutsumi who could be in contention for a medal in the next Olympics

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
                It was probably simply a case of the right style at the right time, Yamanaka had started to get knocked down in fights of late. I'm not entirely convinced by Nery either but he should definitely be in fun fights.

It really goes to show how few people on this forum actually watch the full spread of the sport when a long time champion has his nearly 6 year reign ended and yet so few people comment upon it. Too busy arguing about that freak show that is Mayweather-McGregor.

This year feels like an end of an era kind of year, Yamanaka the latest to likely end up in retirement.
                Excuses.

Yamanaka was knocked out when he was Young.

He was in good shape today.

And Nery dont need the opinion of a Scottish guy like you.

The kid destroyed the best champ of his division in his own home

Comment

My boy 1hourRun is a straight jinx to every fighter he roots for.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                    That was a hell of a performance.

Got caught a few times swinging but that comes with the territory when you fight like that. Some of those shots were brutal for 118lber.

Him vs the winner of Burnett vs Zhakiyanov is mouth watering. Tete around as well.

Hard to bet against Nery after that kind of performance. The same age as Gervonta Davis as well to put it into perspective. Much better opponent as well.

Could have a star on our hands for the lower divisions
                    Nice sig. Think we ever see GGG-Benavidez at 168? I know they train together but that looks like the next super fight at 168. Benavidez looks like the guy there. Wish he could have fought Dirrell though. Now he has no breakout party.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                      My boy 1hourRun is a straight jinx to every fighter he roots for.
                      He is a poor ignorant and a sore loser

Comment

Working...
                      X