No announcement yet.

LIST OF fighters that wouldve KO/dominated/won/closely won against floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
    Its not really fair to mention RJJ, he didn't fight much at 154 and in a theoretical match up he'd a been way too big and strong for not only Floyd but nearly anyone on that list.

I also strongly object to Margarito. The only way he would have beaten Floyd is with plastered wraps.

Cotto was solid in his prime but Floyd would have stopped him at 140 and beaten him handily at 147.

Fight with Pac would be 50/50.

Everything else is debatable, except for Hearns. He was a monster at 147.
    fair enough. your reasons are legit. but i disagree with your assesment of cotto and margarito

Originally posted by B-Bomber View Post
    Interesting list

Though, I don't think that either Margarito, Cotto or Pacquiao would defeat a prime Floyd jr.

In my opinion Floyd's superior boxing skills would give him the edge.

I havent seen him fight above listed fighters calibre.

Originally posted by JJC View Post
    I tend to agree. Castillo would have to be the fighter who's come the closest to beating Floyd. And, as you say, some probably scored the first fight for him.
    i actually have him beating floyd, but to be fair floyd beat him the second time around. One of floyds underrated victory imo.

Comment

Cotto nope, Margarito nope lol, Tsyzu nope,Oscar nope. Williams, and Quartey would have been close though..

Comment

Originally posted by Bronerobron View Post
        Fighters that wouldve KOED floyd:
        Prime SRR
        Prime SRL
        PRIME Hearns
        Prime Duran
        RJJ at jmw

Fighters that wouldve dominated floyd to a decision

Prime vernon forrest
        prime Pryor
        prime paul williams
        prime benitez
        prime JCC sr
        prime sweet pea

Fighters that wouldve had a close win

prime Margarito
        prime Cotto
        prime pacquiao
        Prime tzsyu
        prime Quartey
        prime dela hoya

styles makes fight. add your fighter if you like
        Your list is a bunch of bullsh_it.

Hearns couldnt perform well under the lights and got KOd in every big fight he was ever in. Marga, P Will, Quartey, Tzsyu, Pac, Benitez, and Cotto all couldnt beat Floyd now.

DLH, Forrest, SRR, and RJJ would be matchup problems for Floyd. Probably even favored going in to the fight.

But JCC beating Floyd by decision is the biggest joke of them all. He always was a slow starter. In fact he often gave away the first 4 rounds. And if your spotting Floyd 4 rounds the fights over.

Pryor would be the fight of the century type fight. But Floyd has the edge stylewise going in but that wouldnt mean sh_it to Pryor. I would pay almost anything to see that fight.

Comment

Agreed. Floyd is not good at all.

Comment

Might aswell throw malignaggi in the list to ko floyd

Comment

thread starter needs to actual learn the sport of boxing because quite frankly...

you dont know **** about it.

Comment

Floyd's a bum.

I'll throw in a 140 lb Ricky Hatton in the mix as well.

Comment

Through history too many to list. Floyd is a very good fighter but as his career has spanned superfeather to LMW there are plenty you could name who could and most probably would have beaten him. No bad reflection on him as a fighter, as he is superb, but he couldnt be regarded as the best of all time in any division he has fought in.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                    Through history too many to list. Floyd is a very good fighter but as his career has spanned superfeather to LMW there are plenty you could name who could and most probably would have beaten him. No bad reflection on him as a fighter, as he is superb, but he couldnt be regarded as the best of all time in any division he has fought in.
                    Fair assessment, well said.

Comment

Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
                      Agreed. Floyd is not good at all.
                      hes a lil above average skillwise and a duck extraordinaire.

Comment

Working...
                      X