No announcement yet.

California votes to grant undocumented immigrants health insurance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
    California is it the first state. Like 15 other states have done this already. Why the. It deal that Cali has done it.
    Huh?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...anada-48585037

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
      As you know everything government ran gets abused. So costs will skyrocket alongside with the mis-use of the program.

I don't agree with free HC like that. It is a slap in the face for the people that work and can't afford it but yet there are no programs for them
      I've asked over and over in countless political discussions of anyone trumpeting the Government's ability to provide any service/program as they promise, to cite me just one Government program that fulfilled it's stated goals, and was completed on time (or early) and came in at or under budget.

I've not had one program cited yet......

Comment

The 'attorney' is still having trouble with the concept of evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
          Legal or not, they will still go to the hospitals when they're sick. From a humane point of view its the right thing to do. The overall problem is that there shouldn't be any illegals to begin with, but since there are, they are still people and are deserving to see a proper physician when sick, its what elevates us above animals.
          Great post... If nothing else your post demands that people recognize that this health care issue is not a simple one, and that we have to, at all costs maintain out humanity.

My own feeling is one of anger, much as man down expressed. I know from experience being a small business owner in San Francisco that before they let Dejesus get so much as a flu, they will fvk me up the @33 with a broomstick and make sure every rich lawyer, stacked board (Nimby Not-in-my-backyard neighborhood association) can feel righteous holding the broom stick. Yet I would never deny people care.

And its chronic. I have a Chinese immigrant friend from Taiwan who works and spends virtually all her salary in healthcare and rent, only to see mainland chinese seniors who get free everything and greedily try to take more and more...Its really a very violating feeling frankly.

i can look past this anger and recognize that we need borders, we need to stop the problem at its root. I can also understand Mandown's anger because it is frustrating beyond belief.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            Trump may well do just that.

Repeatedly taunting a guy and then begging him for money isnt too smart.

And God knows they'll be asking for even more Federal tax dollars any day now.
            California California where a man who works for a living, or tries to run a business that produces a real widget, and not a concept... is treated like a person born of privalege. HEY! Born in San Francisco? been paying taxes to the godmn city your whole life and decide to rent out your in law and retire? How dare you!! Makeing a Widget, something that has length, hardness and can be put in something else, something that people need? how dare you!! Go start an app that does psychotherapy over the phone, have an IPO and tell the world to go fvk itself yeah!!! thats more like it!

San FRancisco is set up like an old medieval town...The tops of the mountains are where the rich live...and they own their houses and play in the city. Below is where the near do wells have come for ages, from small towns here and from small towns over the border...

They say California will one day be in the ocean...I say the ocean will spit it back and say take it back!

Comment

The 'attorney' is still having trouble with the concept of evidence.

Comment

I've asked over and over in countless political discussions of anyone trumpeting the Government's ability to provide any service/program as they promise, to cite me just one Government program that fulfilled it's stated goals, and was completed on time (or early) and came in at or under budget.

I've not had one program cited yet......
                Government ran HC is not the solution. They have to let every private HC in the open market. Competition will give better service at a better pricing

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                  Government ran HC is not the solution. They have to let every private HC in the open market. Competition will give better service at a better pricing
                  Free market competition is responsible for countless improvements and innovations on countless products and services.

Government control eliminates that entirely.

That's a huge reason right there why the private sector always outperforms the public sector, by far.

The problem is our government is ran mostly by lifer politicians. They have no understanding or experience in private sector ingenuity, problem solving, and improvements.

In their bubble, they come to believe government, and only government, can solve problems.

It's a glaring ignorance that has caused so many problems we face not to be solved and to often be exacerbated, and it has actually created so many more problems to boot.

It's one reason I rail so much against lifer politicians, and am generally very excited when I see people with successful private sector experience and knowledge be elected to political offices.

Comment

Free market competition is responsible for countless improvements and innovations on countless products and services.

Government control eliminates that entirely.

That's a huge reason right there why the private sector always outperforms the public sector, by far.

The problem is our government is ran mostly by lifer politicians. They have no understanding or experience in private sector ingenuity, problem solving, and improvements.

In their bubble, they come to believe government, and only government, can solve problems.

It's a glaring ignorance that has caused so many problems we face not to be solved and to often be exacerbated, and it has actually created so many more problems to boot.

It's one reason I rail so much against lifer politicians, and am generally very excited when I see people with successful private sector experience and knowledge be elected to political offices.
                    I hate career politicians. They say that they understand the common person when some have never held a job. Ask Sanders how many jobs he has had and how he made his money.

Comment

• Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                      I hate career politicians. They say that they understand the common person when some have never held a job. Ask Sanders how many jobs he has had and how he made his money.
                      Sanders didn't even hold a real job til hit 40, and that was when he was elected to his first political office.

That's not hyperbole, either.

In a society composed mostly of rational people, he would be the town jester.

Comment

Working...
                      X