Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Intermittent Fasting Discussion Thread!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earlier in the year i did the 5:2 diet for a while. 2 days (doesnt have to be consecutive) a week on 600 cals a day, rest of the time (literally) eating and drinking whatever the **** i wanted.

Worked well. I was about 12st 8lbs. Got down to about 11st 10lbs at my lightest. Now back at 12st which is about where i like to be.

Best diet ive ever done. Tough to go through a whole day on 600cals, especially doing a physical job like i do, but always in the back of my mind I knew that the next day i could binge on whatever I wanted. Even 600cals isnt drastically low. Could normally have a few snacks through the day and then maybe a soup for dinner, then just **** off to bed and go to sleep so you stop thinking about food lol

Comment

cokeheads do it all the time

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Eat Stop Eat says to do one or two 24 hour fasts per week. I tried doing two and got super ripped.

But that was a bit much for me. Felt weak and had low energy when going to the boxing gym. Cutting it back to one time a week was much more manageable.

Every once in a while I'll still mix in a week with two fasting days, though.

Ive fasted before and gone to boxing.

Was shaking afterwards so probably not a good idea.

I did used to train right before i would open fast.

About 18-20 hours into the fast id do hundreds of sit ups , pull ups , push ups.

Got me ripped and lean

Comment

I remember I did a water fast 3 months ago. I wanted to do 7 days straight of just water, but couldn't do more than 3 days. The first day didn't seem that bad, the second day was when it was getting a little harder with food cravings. But on that third day I felt like shlt. I couldn't focus, didn't have no energy, and just didn't want to get out of bed. I tried on the 4th day to toughen it out but couldn't. I ended up buying coconut water from whole foods and chugged that which made me feel slightly better. I also bought a green juice which I drank soon after and then later on in the day I started eating slowing again with oatmeal.

Comment

I try and keep to 5:2 - 6:1 @ 600 cal. It certainly helps. I’m not worried at the moment about doing it because of all the food I’m eating at Xmas. It shouldn’t be too regimented otherwise you end up getting bored and stopping. It’s more of a way of life.

Comment

Yo, I can't be the only one who initially read this as "Intermittent Fisting", can I?

Comment

Originally posted by Blu View Post
                I've read that if you do a 3 day water fast it essentially reboots your immune system and makes it stronger.
                3 days is too long and can do you damage

2 maximum with supplements

Comment

Apart from this last week i've IF'd all year, best thing ive done. Started at 15 hours a day and got to 20 hours every day lost over 30 lbs over the year. Added keto for a lot of it, ended up just leaving sugar and bread out, much easier. Ate whatever i wanted and as much within the no sugar and breads etc boundaries.
                  Been on all carbs and sugar the last 10 days, fuuuck it makes such a difference leaving them out your diet if you want to rip it up.
                  I took for granted just how responsive the human body is, magical stuffs......

Once i was used to 20hrs i did a few 40-48 hour fasts, wasnt hungry,energy would fade by late 20's but only so much and kind of leveled out. Massive erection duration increase, don't know what that was about,cant complain. Add high intensity workouts and weight melts off, fukin crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by RightJab View Post
                    Apart from this last week i've IF'd all year, best thing ive done. Started at 15 hours a day and got to 20 hours every day lost over 30 lbs over the year. Added keto for a lot of it, ended up just leaving sugar and bread out, much easier. Ate whatever i wanted and as much within the no sugar and breads etc boundaries.
                    Been on all carbs and sugar the last 10 days, fuuuck it makes such a difference leaving them out your diet if you want to rip it up.
                    I took for granted just how responsive the human body is, magical stuffs......

Once i was used to 20hrs i did a few 40-48 hour fasts, wasnt hungry,energy would fade by late 20's but only so much and kind of leveled out. Massive erection duration increase, don't know what that was about,cant complain. Add high intensity workouts and weight melts off, fukin crazy.
                    Those seem to be the main schools of thought on intermittent fasting at the moment:

1. Have a small eating window every single day. Don't eat outside of that. Leangains and the Warrior Diet are examples of this approach.

2. Have one or two days a week where you don't eat any food (or you eat very little.) The rest of the week eat normally. Eat Stop Eat and the 5:2 Diet are examples of this approach.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
                      Yea, after 24 hours of fasting your white blood cells die, and regenerate essentially giving you a spanking new immune system. It's also great for letting your digestive system have a rest.
                      Although, I don't know how people water fast for more than 24 hours, I feel like cr@p after 24 hours of no food.
                      You might feel weaker for the first 3 days but on the 4th day your body enters ketosis and starts burning fat. You will feel stronger up to the 8th day then things will get tough a little.

Comment

Working...
                      X