Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kell Brook soon to retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He fought GGG at full 160 and jumped right in with Spence at 147. Two back to back KO artists (yes, Spence is a KO guy). Retirement talk is too soon, there's Liam Smith at 154, Amir Khan/Jessie Vargas/DSG/Peterson/Berto/Matthysse at 147. He would be favored against all of those guys even after back to back TKO losses.

Comment

Originally posted by TMT Hassan View Post
      ye hell probably fight khan for a quick paycheque and retire. i still cant believe that he couldn't fill a arena in his hometown.
      Why so surprised? Often tickets will be limited at certain events due to the increased costs and logistics involved needing more police and transport. So, the ticket sales for this event may have been capped. And even if they weren't, he still sold 27,000 tickets against somebody most people here had never heard of.

Compare that to the US, where most events sell a couple of thousand tickets at best and then the rest are given away for free lol.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        I got retirement jitters too.
        He was defeated by the most talented fighter at 147. No need to retire at age 31. Spence is just a pretty damn good boxer.

Comment

yeah i dont think he will be the same, hes always going to fear for his eyes now everytime he fights if he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Porter's Dad View Post
            He's still a quality operator but when you've made a truckload of money but taken a lot of damage and have had both eyes now messed up in your last 2 fights, where do you really go? 154 doesn't really have money fights.

Khan fight is there but that fight's sell-by date passed a long time ago.
            Cotto maybe...?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              And respect to Brook on the 10M, yea he don't need to fight no more, he needs to work on his commentating skills
              F*** that - I don't want to hear his lispy, reedy, camp northern accent for twelve rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by E10Rifle View Post
                F*** that - I don't want to hear his lispy, reedy, camp northern accent for twelve rounds.
                LMFAO. That is a hell of an accent he gots.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  He's got plenty of guys on the comeup & Joshua is a pretty big star to have these days. If he moves right with Groves I think he can make him even more popular cuz cats seem to really like him.

And respect to Brook on the 10M, yea he don't need to fight no more, he needs to work on his commentating skills. You can do that for a whole lot longer even if you are seeing two mics.
                  Ohhhh you cold bastard you!!!! looool

Comment

Of course he will be dejected after a big loss but it didn't sound like retirement was on his mind during the post-fight interview. The damage to his eyes could be a problem but with so much money left on the table I don't see him retiring yet.

What more boxers need to realise is that if you take a tough fight and lose, it doesn't necessarily hurt your value. Quite the opposite actually.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
                      That or a khan fight
                      I don't even think he needs to fight Khan. I believe we all watched either his last, or 2nd to last!
                      War Eagle

Comment

Working...
                      X