Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crawford's arguably best win was knocked down multiple times and quit against a bum.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crawford's arguably best win was knocked down multiple times and quit against a bum.

Gamboa got knocked down multiple times and quit against a bum. Gamboa is or was arguably Crawford's best win. It seems like most of the HBO hyped up "p4p best" fighters have suspect resumes for how hyped they are. Why do the HBO hype jobs get praised so much instead of rightfully criticized? Why do they get passes for lacking resumes and fighting fights that others would get shit on for?

Crawford also fought him years ago when he was a much better fighter.

fck off with your wack ass thread....

Comment

Dude yuri is shot and prob won't even fight again. At least he shouldn't. That fight was 3 years ago

Comment

people will reinvent it that gamboa was a prime, fresh active version against crawford. no he wasnt, he was plagued with inactivity then, just as he was for the last fight. Fact is even half the size and inactive, he still gave crawford fits. Crawford got a lot to prove still, a good step would be by actually fighting in a credible weightclass (147) and not fighting in the spastic division (140).

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
          people will reinvent it that gamboa was a prime, fresh active version against crawford. no he wasnt, he was plagued with inactivity then, just as he was for the last fight. Fact is even half the size and inactive, he still gave crawford fits. Crawford got a lot to prove still, a good step would be by actually fighting in a credible weightclass (147) and not fighting in the spastic division (140).
          The irony of this coming from a huge GGG fan!

Crawford beat the top guys that were available at 135 and 140, he's getting ready to fight a very good opponent in Felix Diaz and after that he's probably gonna move up to 147, I don't know when his contract with Top Rank is gonna run out but I think he has reached the limit with top rank in terms of making him popular, I think their outdated ways of promoting are dying out and I think all the good, exciting big money fights at 147 are on the other side of the street with Al Haymon and his people, hopefully Crawford does the right thing for his career and also for us to give us the great fights at 147 against legit fighters, Pacquiao and Bradley, the 2 good (although old) 147 pound fighters at 147 that are with top rank are not going to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
            Dude yuri is shot and prob won't even fight again. At least he shouldn't. That fight was 3 years ago
            Yuri was blown up and inactive when Crawford fought him. Yuri also exposed Crawford during that fight... yet people hype Crawford saying he beats all the top welterweights. The guy got buzzed by a midget that he out sized by a big margin. Crawford has only beat Postol since then too. Crawford has a very suspect resume for his p4p hype. Most of the HBO fighters on the p4p list are hype jobs with thin resumes.

Comment

Matthysse just returned last night and looked great. The same guy that got crushed by Postol who Crawford whipped easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
                The irony of this coming from a huge GGG fan!

Crawford beat the top guys that were available at 135 and 140, he's getting ready to fight a very good opponent in Felix Diaz and after that he's probably gonna move up to 147, I don't know when his contract with Top Rank is gonna run out but I think he has reached the limit with top rank in terms of making him popular, I think their outdated ways of promoting are dying out and I think all the good, exciting big money fights at 147 are on the other side of the street with Al Haymon and his people, hopefully Crawford does the right thing for his career and also for us to give us the great fights at 147 against legit fighters, Pacquiao and Bradley, the 2 good (although old) 147 pound fighters at 147 that are with top rank are not going to fight him.
                Yea I had him in my sig. the moron says Crawford needs to move up but not Golovkin

Comment

Gamboa was not prime when he fought Crawford but he was really not prime when he got blasted out on Friday.

The inactivity is a fair point, but that only takes so much away from the value of the win. For example, when Nicholas Walters fought Lomachenko he was about as inactive and about as old as Gamboa was Gamboa fought Crawford. But I'd still consider both to be strong wins.

Comment

It's a weird one. Gamboa was inactive, and looked small in there. He had his moments though.

I don't look at it as a great win. It's way behind Postol IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X