Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you want to see next for the Charlo brothers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
    With Jermall and Canelo leaving, 154 is not really deep anymore. He wont probably fight Lara, because his brother is trained by the same trainer.
    So that leaves Andrade and Hurd for him. Or he picks an easier fight against the next tier of opponents: Trout, Sulecki, Soro, Culcay or Williams.
    Im not familiar with the prospects, only know Lubinson, he could be a good foe in the future.

Jermall should fight Monroe Jr., Lee or Lemieux next and then go for Alvarez, Saunders, Golovkin. Or he could go for the wba regular route (smh) and fight the winner of Murata/NDam
    I agree a fight with Monroe Jr. would be solid!

Comment

154lb Charlo should fight other title holders. Idk if him & Lara are cool or not, but that'd be the ideal guy to be #1 in the division right now unless they got some not fight each other bs going on still. Don't hate Hurd since he has a belt now, but I think I'd prefer Andrade vs Charlo if Lara isn't possible. Outside of the title holders I don't have much of a preference who he fights as I believe this is one of the very competitive & interesting divisions at the title holder level. I'm actually rooting on this being one of the divisions the WBSS choses for its tournament.

160lb Charlo probably is going to aim for a feeler/bs kinda opponent for his first toe dip into 160 I'd be willing to bet. Peter Quillin wouldn't be a bad first opponent if he's looking for a higher profile name (edit & seeing Monroe mentioned & I'd agree he makes a lot of sense for a more notable first 160lb opponent). Then Jacobs & if he wins there he's on the GGG or Canelo table.
      Last edited by Eff Pandas; 04-23-2017, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
        With Jermall and Canelo leaving, 154 is not really deep anymore. He wont probably fight Lara, because his brother is trained by the same trainer.
        So that leaves Andrade and Hurd for him. Or he picks an easier fight against the next tier of opponents: Trout, Sulecki, Soro, Culcay or Williams.
        Im not familiar with the prospects, only know Lubinson, he could be a good foe in the future.

Jermall should fight Monroe Jr., Lee or Lemieux next and then go for Alvarez, Saunders, Golovkin. Or he could go for the wba regular route (smh) and fight the winner of Murata/NDam
        Canelo wasn't goint to fight anybody at 154 anyway.

His leaving is no biggy.

Comment

Originally posted by 10Stepsahead View Post
          Ah that's right!
          Yep....

Charlo vs GGG is close at hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            154lb Charlo should fight other title holders. Idk if him & Lara are cool or not, but that'd be the ideal guy to be #1 in the division right now unless they got some not fight each other bs going on still. Don't hate Hurd since he has a belt now, but I think I'd prefer Andrade vs Charlo if Lara isn't possible. Outside of the title holders I don't have much of a preference who he fights as I believe this is one of the very competitive & interesting divisions at the title holder level. I'm actually rooting on this being one of the divisions the WBSS choses for its tournament.

160lb Charlo probably is going to aim for a feeler/bs kinda opponent for his first toe dip into 160 I'd be willing to bet. Peter Quillin wouldn't be a bad first opponent if he's looking for a higher profile name (edit & seeing Monroe mentioned & I'd agree he makes a lot of sense for a more notable first 160lb opponent). Then Jacobs & if he wins there he's on the GGG or Canelo table.
            I think for 154lb Charlo Erislandy Lara should be his last title fight & here's why. Lara will outclass him. He has to face Andrade being his biggest test before Lara. (being that boo boo has a similar slick style to Lara) So it should go for me, 1. Jarred Hurd 2. Andrade 3. Lara

Comment

So it should go for me, 1. Jarred Hurd 2. Andrade 3. Lara
              You should be a boxing promoter. That's always boxing promoter logic. Fight the least challenging to most challenging guy so we get the top 2 guys fighting 18 months or later from now instead of in 3-4 months.

I'm bored with that make the most money logic in boxing. Give me the top two guys in every division right now. And keep giving me that.

Comment

jermell should fight jermall so the commetators heads would explode

Comment

jermall has to show me something first. how is he gonna carry the weight at middleweight. get a nice test first before taking on jacobs and golovkin. if he's as good as he is or even better at middleweight. golovkin won't fight him and would go to 168 to get spanked.

Comment

I 100% agree David Lemuiex for Jermall would be a great test in the middleweight division. They need to make that happen.
                    Lemieux is wack.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      You should be a boxing promoter. That's always boxing promoter logic. Fight the least challenging to most challenging guy so we get the top 2 guys fighting 18 months or later from now instead of in 3-4 months.

I'm bored with that make the most money logic in boxing. Give me the top two guys in every division right now. And keep giving me that.
                      I understand what you mean about the time frame, **** would take way too long. However, Lara is beating dat ass @ Charlo's current level. Also for him to beat Lara that 18 months of experience leading to a Charlo-Lara fight is what it will take for Charlo to win.

Comment

Working...
                      X