No announcement yet.

Tired of Lampley and Kellerman Denigrating Salido

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tired of Lampley and Kellerman Denigrating Salido

If you watched the fights on HBO tonight then you heard yet again Lampley and Kellerman insult and denigrate Salido for his win against Loma. Sounding like childish sore losers they continued to **** all over Salido's win over Loma. Sounding very ticked off at Salido for beating HBO's golden boy. Lampley basically said Saildo only won because he broke the rules and cheated. It was the tone of Lampley that ticks me off the most. As if no fighter has ever come in overweight and tried to use a weight advantage. I did not see HBO and Lampley crying about weight when Alvarez came in 20+ pounds over Cotto or how Bernard Hopkins does a lot of the same thing.

I am a big fan of Loma, but his over confidence and disregard of how good Salido really is is why he lost. As an old warrior Salido did what he had to do to win and showed Loma what being a pro is all about. I think in losing Loma has learned much more than if he had won the fight easily, which is what he and HBO thought he would do. As I recall Salido wanted to move to 130 and was up front about the fact that he could not make 126 anymore, but I am sure HBO pushed him to make the fight at a weight he was no longer comfortable with all because they thought Loma would embarrass him.

I also do not think Salido should give him a rematch. Salido does not need it and frankly neither does Loma. It was a great learning fight for Loma and he should just move on.

As for Lampley and Kellerman they need to get over it and stop being so disrespectful to one of boxings great warriors who is always forced to go into is opponents backyard to fight. And Lampley also accused Salido of headbutting Vargas over and over causing Vargas's cuts, I do not recall this happening. If I am wrong please correct me, but if not then Lampley is just making **** up and disrespecting Salido, yet again.

Lampley and Kellerman go out of there way to disrespect Salido, but yet kiss the ass of fighters like Crawford, while being a great talent is an *******. His interview tonight certainly confirmed him being an *******, not only in boxing, but if you read the news, he is an ******* outside of the ring too. I guess he learned nothing from the way Ali made peace with his opponents after the fight.

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
    If you watched the fights on HBO tonight then you heard yet again Lampley and Kellerman insult and denigrate Salido for his win against Loma. Sounding like childish sore losers they continued to **** all over Salido's win over Loma. Sounding very ticked off at Salido for beating HBO's golden boy. Lampley basically said Saildo only won because he broke the rules and cheated. It was the tone of Lampley that ticks me off the most. As if no fighter has ever come in overweight and tried to use a weight advantage. I did not see HBO and Lampley crying about weight when Alvarez came in 20+ pounds over Cotto or how Bernard Hopkins does a lot of the same thing.

I am a big fan of Loma, but his over confidence and disregard of how good Salido really is is why he lost. As an old warrior Salido did what he had to do to win and showed Loma what being a pro is all about. I think in losing Loma has learned much more than if he had won the fight easily, which is what he and HBO thought he would do. As I recall Salido wanted to move to 130 and was up front about the fact that he could not make 126 anymore, but I am sure HBO pushed him to make the fight at a weight he was no longer comfortable with all because they thought Loma would embarrass him.

I also do not think Salido should give him a rematch. Salido does not need it and frankly neither does Loma. It was a great learning fight for Loma and he should just move on.

As for Lampley and Kellerman they need to get over it and stop being so disrespectful to one of boxings great warriors who is always forced to go into is opponents backyard to fight. And Lampley also accused Salido of headbutting Vargas over and over causing Vargas's cuts, I do not recall this happening. If I am wrong please correct me, but if not then Lampley is just making **** up and disrespecting Salido, yet again.

Lampley and Kellerman go out of there way to disrespect Salido, but yet kiss the ass of fighters like Crawford, while being a great talent is an *******. His interview tonight certainly confirmed him being an *******, not only in boxing, but if you read the news, he is an ******* outside of the ring too. I guess he learned nothing from the way Ali made peace with his opponents after the fight.
    That's because those guys made the weight.

I understand why there is some negativity around that result from certain people; the missed weight, the constant low blows, the headbutts...it was a very dirty fight from Salido.

The thing is, that's always how Salido fights. They knew what they were signing Lomachenko up for and they fully expected him to overcome Salido without too much difficulty. If you want to beat Salido, you are going to have to work for it and come through those things the way guys like Gamboa did, Loma wasn't able to on the night.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      That's because those guys made the weight.

I understand why there is some negativity around that result from certain people; the missed weight, the constant low blows, the headbutts...it was a very dirty fight from Salido.

The thing is, that's always how Salido fights. They knew what they were signing Lomachenko up for and they fully expected him to overcome Salido without too much difficulty. If you want to beat Salido, you are going to have to work for it and come through those things the way guys like Gamboa did, Loma wasn't able to on the night.
      Regarding Hopkins, I am not talking about his weight , he is always on weight, I am talking about his dirty tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
        Regarding Hopkins, I am not talking about his weight , he is always on weight, I am talking about his dirty tactics.
        He does, he's known for sneaky low blows here and there.

Salido is a bit different though; he will blatantly punch guys in the nuts (there was a good 15+ of them in the Lomachenko fight), headbutt, punch the back of the head, etc..

He doesn't do it occasionally or sneakily, he does it regularly and blatantly

Comment

Salido is a bit different though; he will blatantly punch guys in the nuts (there was a good 15+ of them in the Lomachenko fight), headbutt, punch the back of the head, etc..

I really don't see why Lampley keeps harping about that loss for Loma. And like I said his tone is just so ****ing disrespectful and full of contempt. After last weeks performance by Salido one would think HBO would be thanking him instead of insulting him.

Comment

Lampley and Kellerman have made it very obvious that they are fan boys of certain fighters. Lampley has called Golovkin the pound for pound best fighter in the world despite not having a resume that proves it. Kellerman has called Pacquiao the best fighter of our era after years of saying the result of the Mayweather Pacquiao fight would prove who is actually the better fighter of this era. It doesn't surprise me that they tried to denigrate Salido just to prop up Loma. They are not analysts, they are fanboys masquerading as analysts.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
              Lampley and Kellerman have made it very obvious that they are fan boys of certain fighters. Lampley has called Golovkin the pound for pound best fighter in the world despite not having a resume that proves it. Kellerman has called Pacquiao the best fighter of our era after years of saying the result of the Mayweather Pacquiao fight would prove who is actually the better fighter of this era. It doesn't surprise me that they tried to denigrate Salido just to prop up Loma. They are not analysts, they are fanboys masquerading as analysts.
              They are fan boys for sure.

But Kellerman p1ssed off PAC fans post 5/2 ring interview with PAC. He has done his best to reclaim PAC fans love by back tracking, but his interview with PAC is the most relevant, since it happen right after he witnessed the fight ringside.

Lampley gets emotionally involved and has lost objectivity, two things unneeded in journalism.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                I never understood why Kellerman is so liked and why he got this job in the 1st place. Usually you have the blow by blow guy, which is Lampley, then the expert, which was Foreman or Clancy, and now Jones, then you have a boxing journalist, historian type guy, which was Merchant. Kellerman is not a boxing journalist, he has never written anything, he is not a boxing historian either. He is just a pseudo intellectual blowhard who talks way too much and mostly out of those 500 word ramblings he goes off nothing of note is ever produced. As I recall his job on Friday Night Fights his predictions were usually about 90% wrong and no one really seemed to respect him at all. At the time of his hiring the boxing world thought it was a joke and was pretty ticked off about it. I know HBO said at the time of is hiring that they thought he would bring in younger viewers, which of course did not happen.

Comment

Hopkins, bradley are slick head butt technicians and nut sac punchers.

Siri & Maidana go for broke. No holds barred.

Comment

Kellerman and Lampley are employees of HBO. Why is anyone surprised that they speak highly of fighters that fight on HBO. Also, a fan boy is someone who ignores truth logic and reason in order to maintain an opinion about a certain fighter. I disagree with a lot that he says, but at least Kellerman can explain his opinion.

With that said, why attack a guy for holding a negative opinion about a fighter who missed weight and fought dirty?

Comment

Working...
                    X