Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deep Dish Pizza (Chicago Style)vs Neopolitan Pizza (New York Style) Which 1 is better

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
    Burt's Pizza, Morton Grove...good luck getting someone to answer the phone.

Plus like I said those typical "Top Chicago Pizza Places" are overhyped, save for Coalfire.

Waldocooney's, Just a Pizza, Lina's, Miller's on 35th, and another one in Bridgeport I can't think of the name now...I'd rather have a pie at any of those over most of the popular joints downtown/near north.
    You're probably right. I'm not a big pizza connoisseur. Just see a place that might look good, and try it out.

And don't sleep on those seedy pizza joints in the "hood". Como's Pizza on Roosevelt Rd. in Broadview is some of the best pizza I've ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun Diego View Post
      Wacha talkin bout Willis! West has the best "stoner" pizza. Seriously we pile some weird sht on our pizza's here in Cali. My buddy took me to this pizza joint where they cut the middle out and they put tater tots with chilli n cheese and they put two fried eggs on top. Steak, bacon, jalapenos n pineapple for toppings. That was delicious. I wouldn't even consider it pizza anymore but hey its Cali. We don't know better
      I'm assuming California Pizza Kitchen is a derivative of a California pizza chain. If so, I love their pizza....

Comment

In the Bay for Deep Dish, We got Zachary's Oakland, Little Star Pizza in Albany, and Paxti's in SF and Lafayette.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun Diego View Post
          Wacha talkin bout Willis! West has the best "stoner" pizza. Seriously we pile some weird sht on our pizza's here in Cali. My buddy took me to this pizza joint where they cut the middle out and they put tater tots with chilli n cheese and they put two fried eggs on top. Steak, bacon, jalapenos n pineapple for toppings. That was delicious. I wouldn't even consider it pizza anymore but hey its Cali. We don't know better
          There's some good pizza out West obviously, I've had good pizza in Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, and California.....but still it just didn't quite compare to what I've had in New York.

It's Ok....their "Mexican food" on the East Coast is a joke lol

Comment

I've heard that it's the water used in the dough that makes New York pizza stand out. Mineral content or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
              I've heard that it's the water used in the dough that makes New York pizza stand out. Mineral content or something.
              That's what my brother in law said....he said the water in Colorado or other states out here is just different.

Comment

I like thin crust pepperoni bacon green olives and jalapeņos

Honestly all pizza is good no matter what style

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  That's what my brother in law said....he said the water in Colorado or other states out here is just different.
                  Another difference is the altitude which effects the way the yeast rises and tastes. My wife and lived in Denver and never could get dough to rise properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                    Another difference is the altitude which effects the way the yeast rises and tastes. My wife and lived in Denver and never could get dough to rise properly.
                    Moo, what the hell is going on in your avi, bud?
                    Last edited by Sweet Pea 50; 07-16-2014, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                      Yeah. My mom is from Albuquerque, it's the same problem there.

Comment

Working...
                      X