Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else thinks Bhops KO of Oscar DLH was a dive?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
    why would he take a dive when he was the underdog and the bigger name? it's a weird ko but i see no motive for a dive
    Because it was a business decision to elevate Hopkins' career. Before then he wasn't making all that much scratch for dangerous fights. Oscar made him a partner and boosted his earning power.

Comment

Who else thinks Bhops KO of Oscar DLH was a dive?

Bob Arum http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=608058

Comment

Definitely was planned in my opinion. That whole fight, quite frankly.

Comment

I'm not sure about a dive, but watching it live I was convinced that Hopkins was carrying DLH in the early rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
            Its obvious it was a dive, you hear a guy yell BODY SHOT BODY SHOT right before he lands it, and than Oscar acting over dramatic and rolling and punching the canvas, wtf? everyone who has been hit to the body doesn't hit the canvas that side cramps up so bad you can barely lift your arm and the next day B hop became a partner in Golden boy.

Fix is obvious.
            The round before Nazim is yelling body shot too. Pretty typical of trainers

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
              Its obvious it was a dive, you hear a guy yell BODY SHOT BODY SHOT right before he lands it, and than Oscar acting over dramatic and rolling and punching the canvas, wtf? everyone who has been hit to the body doesn't hit the canvas that side cramps up so bad you can barely lift your arm and the next day B hop became a partner in Golden boy.

Fix is obvious.
              Seriously?

So Hopkins' trainer yelling at him to throw standard punches, which he does every round, every fight, all fight long, is your evidence of a dive?

He yells it multiple times in other rounds too. In fact, he's yelling it and Hopkins throws one and lands it before the other one, but Oscar doesn't go down then. Why not? Don't be a daft muppet. Nazim saw he could land it, saw it probably hurt Oscar, so told him to throw it more. The fact that you think a trainer yelling out to punch his opponent is proof of the opponents diving is ****ing hilarious. It's beyond idiocy.

"Throw the right hand!"
              *boxer throws some right hands! one eventually lands and knocks his opponent down*
              You: "duhhhh! His trainer told him to throw a right hand and when he landed it, it knocked the opponent down. Dive! That's proof of a dive! Duuuuuhhhh"

Anyway, it was clearly a good body shot. He threw it well, it landed spot on and you could see Oscars elbow suddenly drop. A slight delayed reaction is standard with body shots. That actually makes it more legitimate than if he'd just dropped immediately. It hits you, freezes you, then pain just shoots through your body and you drop.

I think what's more likely is that he got hit with a genuinely perfect body shot, dropped him and while he could have gotten up from maybe five or six onward, he decided not to. The first part is genuine, the second part seems a little overdone. I ink he could have gotten up if he really wanted too, but I also think he was very clearly hurt.

It's clearly not a dive in the way you're talking about. That's just an absurd POV. It's possible that he decided to stay down when he could have gotten up though.
              Last edited by BennyST; 07-12-2014, 12:17 PM.

Comment

i always thought oscar quit.

Comment

It looks like Oscar didnt want to get up in fear of beign KO'd senseless because he knew he wouldn't be recovered standing up

Comment

blatant dive to me

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X