Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Rios vs. Alvarado as good as Gatti vs. Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ref stopped it too soon, we need steave to ref the rematch

Comment

what makes the difference is I paid 50 bucks for the HD version on dvd, something I wont do for Rios vs alavardo.

Comment

it was almost as good and to those who criticize rios and alvarado's skills , let's not act like ward and gatti were the craftiest fighters either..

Comment

Hahahahahahahahah it wasn't even fight of the year! Gatti v Ward is one of the greatest fights of all time. No comparison. None.

Comment

No, it wasn't. It was a hell of a fight, but I would rather watch Corrales-Castillo or Vazquez-Marquez I-III. Gatti-Ward is a tad different because of the lack of skill but makes up for that in heart.

Comment

Never in a million years.

Comment

Glad to see some some sensible posts in here. Right after Rios v Alvarado I thought I was the only one here that thought it was fun, but very forgettable. Took some heat for that.

Comment

i absolutely loved Rios-Alvarado but it is not anywhere near as good as Gatti-Ward. this round was one of the goat

Comment

I truly don't understand the people not that impressed with Rios-Alvarado. It was so clearly the FOTY, so much more consistent action than Pac-Marquez.

Gatti-Ward 1 was better, but not by that much. To say it's not even close is absurd and makes me realize how overrated Gatti-Ward was.

Round 9 has to be the most overrated round in history. They were both completely gassed for half the round and neither had anything on their punches after Ward punched himself out over the first half.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X