No announcement yet.

Hey guys, i've started a new blog

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, i've started a new blog

Please give it a read if you get time, I will try to do one of these a week, it's a prospect perspective, I will give a review of career development, and general thoughts

I will be 100% honest in these blogs, no trolling or flaming.

First one is Tyson Fury, hopefully you enjoy it, if you have a fighter you would like me to do a blog on, you can let me know via PM, if it's a guy i'm not familiar with i will need time to research and watch fight's but i'll try my best to get it done.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/blog.php?b=2037

Did you seriously compare Cooper-Ali to Fury-Pajkic?

Comment

Also, you say you aren't not biased but that article wreaks of it. It seems like you have a hidden agenda in there.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
        Also, you say you aren't not biased but that article wreaks of it. It seems like you have a hidden agenda in there.
        where?

I said i'm being honest, of course it's an opinion piece, the only other way to write something like this would be pure stats.

And it's a fair comparison, go down as many levels as you like, it's still relevant. Cooper was a domestic level fighter.

Comment

Good read Earl, certainly pro Fury but honest in his faults... he's certainly looking in good shape now and I see no reason why he can't progress.

What's your take on Price vs Fury? He / his team certainly ducked Price but I see it as a wise move, as it'll be a much more competitive fight down the line. I was disappointed it didn't happen when Price was mandatory but can fully see why they avoided it (for now)

Comment

Originally posted by ding-ding View Post
            Good read Earl, certainly pro Fury but honest in his faults... he's certainly looking in good shape now and I see no reason why he can't progress.

What's your take on Price vs Fury? He / his team certainly ducked Price but I see it as a wise move, as it'll be a much more competitive fight down the line. I was disappointed it didn't happen when Price was mandatory but can fully see why they avoided it (for now)
            It was a duck, but a sensible one in my opinion, when the fight was being discussed was around the time Fury was weighing 260lb and got dropped by Pajkic, I think they realised he needed a lot of work and they are putting it in now, which will improve Tysons chances, and make for a better fight down the line (and isn't that what we all, as boxing fans want?)

Right now I see it 60-40 Price, but it's hard to know, neither has fought anyone like the other really.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
              where?

I said i'm being honest, of course it's an opinion piece, the only other way to write something like this would be pure stats.

And it's a fair comparison, go down as many levels as you like, it's still relevant. Cooper was a domestic level fighter.
              Cooper-Ali does not compare to Fury-Pajkic, no way. The only similarity is that the winning fighter was knocked down, what does that prove?

It seems like that was written in defence of Fury, rather than just a prospect perspective, like you're defending your stance on him. You seem to barely cover his faults but emphasize his strengths and make silly comparisons.

Obviously it is your article, so you can write whatever you think. I'm just offering my thoughts on your prospect perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                Cooper-Ali does not compare to Fury-Pajkic, no way. The only similarity is that the winning fighter was knocked down, what does that prove?

It seems like that was written in defence of Fury, rather than just a prospect perspective, like you're defending your stance on him. You seem to barely cover his faults but emphasize his strengths and make silly comparisons.

Obviously it is your article, so you can write whatever you think. I'm just offering my thoughts on your prospect perspective.
                I clearly stated at the end that I was playing Devils advocate.

I'm presenting an alternative to the usual, unreasonably negative criticism of Fury.

In the long run it really doesn't matter, I just like writing and it's just my opinion (which along with everyone else on these forums, can be taken with a pinch of salt)

Comment

I think it's a good read Earl, nice one. I'm not a fan of Fury's, but it's a well written piece. Look forward to reading more of these. I'd like to see you do one on Carl Frampton.

Comment

I agree with Demise that it's too pro-Fury. I think it would've been better to focus less on Fury's biggest critics on forums like this and instead focus more on the way he's talked about by mainstream media and the boxing writers you respect.
                    Mcdermott was able to take advantage of the mistakes that Fury made, and punish him for them, although Fury was able to hang in there, and hold his own in periods, Mcdermott deserved the win in the eyes of most.

The usual hollering began, cries of "robbery","exposed", "he'll never amount to anything" which are popular after any controversial decision. Fury was in a position where he had to fight Mcdermott again, and many predicted that this time, Mcdermott would get the decision.

In the rematch Fury boxed to a gameplan, banking early rounds. After attempting an ill-advised "Ali-Shuffle" both men were tiring, and Fury managed to pull out a KO victory.
                    I think it's clear that the claims of robbery were justified and Fury-McDermott I shouldn't just be considered controversial, it was one of the worst decisions of the past decade. Also Fury's team delayed the rematch and fought 2 other guys in the meantime, whereas the blog implies it was immediate.

I remember looking at the betting for the rematch and while some backed McD, Fury was the clear favourite.

Good job though, it can be difficult to write something even for a blog, but keep at it.

If you are going to try and develop your writing with a view to becoming a boxing journalist there are a lot of guys on here who can give you some advice. Warp and Asian Sensation have both gone from regular posters to working for boxing sites since joining here.
                    Last edited by Clegg; 10-28-2012, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X