No announcement yet.

Serious Quesiton for the Old Timers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Quesiton for the Old Timers

HOw do trainers like Robert Garcia and Cus d'Amato manage to get the funding necessary in order to keep their gyms thriving? Cus even went a step furthur and basically had an orphanage.

Usually they just barely get by til a fighter makes it big. Then if a bigger promoter doesn't steal their fighter, they grow faster after finding success. Some gyms/stables have promising fighters that attract investors that want a piece of the action but most stables and managers just put in the work over time hoping it will pay off some day.

I'm not an expert on the subject but I kinda meet the qualification of "old timer"

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
      Usually they just barely get by til a fighter makes it big. Then if a bigger promoter doesn't steal their fighter, they grow faster after finding success. Some gyms/stables have promising fighters that attract investors that want a piece of the action but most stables and managers just put in the work over time hoping it will pay off some day.

I'm not an expert on the subject but I kinda meet the qualification of "old timer"
      thanks for sharing. This question has been on my mind ever since I got into boxing. I just recently remembered about it and started a discussion for it yesterday.

Comment

Working...
      X