Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clottey's performance was a disgrace to boxing!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clottey's performance was a disgrace to boxing!

It looked like a Ricky Hatton training session, when he use to chase Billy Graham around the ring hitting that punching bag. It might as well have been that! That's what it looked like to me!

And if there was any dispute between Cotto and Clottey that is surely put to bed. Cotto tried against Pacquiao, he tried to win and got busted up whilst almost going the distance. Clottey went in there simply to survive...he didn't go out like a warrior....he didn't have a go, he never thought he could win. Clottey doesn't deserve a world title shot again.

His performance was abysmal....it's not just that he got outboxed against a better fighter. That I could respect....it's that he didn't take any risks and clearly tried just to still be standing after 12 rounds. Pacman did all he could and he's top fighter....but Clottey proved he had no heart, or passion. And I hope he doesn't get a World title shot again, because he doesn't deserve it. If he took a risk (even if he got TKO'D or battered) I'd be of a different opinion, but he didn't go into that fight with any winning mentality. Cotto wasn't "shot" when he faced Pacman, he did as well as he could, he took risks and took a beating as a result and almost went the distance....Cotto went on on his shield. Clottey turned up for a paycheck. I thought Cotto beat Clottey fairly, although some people thought otherwise, there's no doubt in my mind who the better fighter is. Cotto has heart, he had a go against Pacman. Clottey was in their for a paycheck and to go the distance.

And I'll say this, if I was in a ring with Pacman I'd have given it more heart than Clottey did, even if I was sparked out after the first punch.

yea. he johnsoned the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Idgas View Post
      yea. he johnsoned the fight.
      And like Kevin Johnson, Clottey received the biggest payday of his boxing career.

Comment

I almost looked like the p will-wright fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Johnson View Post
          I almost looked like the p will-wright fight.
          I didn't see the Williams v Wright fight, mate.

But the punditry over here in the U.K was making out like Clottey was some kind of warrior...it made me sick. I'm a Cotto fan, I've always liked him...but in no way does that bias my judgement that Cotto almost went the distance with Pacman, whilst actually trying to win the fight. Cotto lost that fight through boxing ability, Pacman was too good for him....not through lack of trying which Clottey did.

Comment

I'm not saying Clottey would have won if he tried, but it would have been more dignifying for him if he had a go against Pacman, rather than just trying to see the final bell.

Comment

I was disappointed by clottey too because I felt he should have let it all hang out in the 12 round but didn't. But people forget that clottey beat judah, was competitive against margo and imo beat cotto. He's no bum he was just made to look like a bum against a special fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
                I was disappointed by clottey too because I felt he should have let it all hang out in the 12 round but didn't. But people forget that clottey beat judah, was competitive against margo and imo beat cotto. He's no bum he was just made to look like a bum against a special fighter.
                Well, I disagree with the Cotto point..but that's neither here nor there. The fact is Clottey didn't even try against Pacman, at all. It was a complete disgrace. If Cotto hadn't won a world title, he proved himself at such a level after 7 rounds of the fight with Pacman. Clottey looked like a big punching bag with zero ability throughout that fight. That's no disrespect against Pacman...he beat who was in front of him....but the guy in front of him just made no effort to win that fight.

Comment

Working...
                X