Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward's Perspective on Role Race Plays in How He is Covered

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post
    That picture looks like someone is pulling their opponents head down and trying to knee them???

I wonder if that jack @ss after seeing that still sticks to his lie???

Comment

• I was lead to believe Fraud as mixed race, had a white mother?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
        you didn't understand me. at first he says he can't accuse anyone of anything because he could be wrong, nothing wrong with that. i agree with him, until that point everything he is saying makes sense, then he finishes the interview saying this. why doesn't he say why kovalev will be justified if he loses but he won't? he makes it sound (or implying) that is because one is white and the other black. pretty silly to me because of what he said at the beggining.(the whole point of the interview is how does he think he is being seen while being a black athlete. so what else could it be?)

i don't know how much loved kovalev is considering he isn't packing big arenas or getting big tv numbers (not even when he is fighting another big name and an american one)

about GGG's fight, i couldn't care less about the weight or any other thing, i only got interested in the second day weigh in issue because it was funny how some people here thought that lemieux was cheating but jacobs wasn't, that's all.

imo both GGG and Kovalev had similar performances, one got the W the other didn't. you can't compare the fight itself because it wasn't GGG the one on the canvas and being pushed around the major part of the fight, it was jacobs. just like it wasn't kovalev down on the canvas, giving up the initiative for most part of the fight, it was ward.
        How did he imply race? Kovalev may have a cushion because folks like his style better or because he talks trash in the media or because of his promoter. You have placed your preconceived notion that he feels it's race into his statement and packaged it as Ward "implying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
          How did he imply race? Kovalev may have a cushion because folks like his style better or because he talks trash in the media or because of his promoter. You have placed your preconceived notion that he feels it's race into his statement and packaged it as Ward "implying"
          so the entire interview (or this article at least) wasn't about race? ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vadrigar. View Post
            Nonsense. Ward is not hated because of his race, it's because he is ugly.

Again two different things. Accusing me of being racist for pointing out this unspoken truth, shows your lack of reading comprehension.
            You thinking that you are making some point by saying that he is hated cause he is "ugly" not because of racism as if its some how a separate point just proves how ignorant you are. Racist azs rednecks been trying to portray blackness as ugliness ever since they first started kidnapping and enslaving us. Meanwhile they sunbathe and get lip injections to try to look like us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
              so the entire interview (or this article at least) wasn't about race? ok.
              The article was about race but if you actually read it you would know that it wasn't Ward but one of the very few black reporters at the press conference that "implied" that race had something to do with the way that he was covered in the media. Andre Ward simply answered his question.

Comment

• Originally posted by peplz View Post
                You thinking that you are making some point by saying that he is hated cause he is "ugly" not because of racism as if its some how a separate point just proves how ignorant you are. Racist azs rednecks been trying to portray blackness as ugliness ever since they first started kidnapping and enslaving us. Meanwhile they sunbathe and get lip injections to try to look like us.
                Yet the biggest selling African American beauty products are skin lightener and hair straightener...it's ironic isn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                  I was lead to believe Fraud as mixed race, had a white mother?
                  "Fraud". Isn't that the same thing y'all used to call Floyd Mayweather?

Comment

• It all has to do with the "we the best" narrative with some blk people. With Paq he was the great white hope and he's Asian, with Canelo...he's the great white hope and he's Latino now with Lomachenko, GGG and Kovalev. Whenever there is a great fighter that is not black they are over-rated or they get biased treatment and if you don't think so you are racist. My judgement is not clouded I think Ward has a good chance to win in the rematch but Kovalev should already go down as one of the hardest hitters in boxing history plus he can box. There is really no argument to whom are the most racist fans in boxing today.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                      Yet the biggest selling African American beauty products are skin lightener and hair straightener...it's ironic isn't it?
                      Thanks for helping me make my point.

Comment

Working...
                      X