No announcement yet.

114 113 114 114 114 113

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by War Dinamita View Post
    They can think whatever they want. At the end of the day, Kov should've done more in the 2nd half of the fight to make sure Ward had no chance of winning the fight.

They can cry all they want. Ward will take him to school in the rematch.
    If he does, then that's that. Doesn't mean he won this fight; he certainly did not.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
      Round 10 is a dead giveaway. The judges knew if they scored that one for Kovalev, Ward couldn't win. It was one of the easiest rounds to score and they gave it to Ward. Kovalev got screwed.
      Exactly no matter what people say almost if not everybody would agree round 10 was for Kov. Judges knew they could not let that happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
        No because the first 7 rounds were something like 5-2 for Kovalev. Ward won 3rd and 5th (or maybe 6th, one of those) Kovalev could've taken the 10th too - 114-113 Ward
        Dunno. From my perspective, Ward lost 1-6 absolutely. The tossup rounds were 8-11 in my book.

So that's 6 rounds for Kovalev already, one of which had a knockdown.

I gave Ward 12. I felt he did just enough in all but round 11. That's 5 rounds.

The only other round, even if you gave it to Ward, it doesn't matter because of the knockdown.

The problem is that people actually were giving Ward rounds in the first half and I frankly don't see why. He wasn't doing anything but getting caught with jabs all night long!

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
          Dunno. From my perspective, Ward lost 1-6 absolutely. The tossup rounds were 8-11 in my book.

The only other round, even if you gave it to Ward, it doesn't matter because of the knockdown.

The problem is that people actually were giving Ward rounds in the first half and I frankly don't see why. He wasn't doing anything but getting caught with jabs all night long!
          Go back and check out the 5th round. Gotta give that one to Ward. Kovalev only takes one after the 7th, making the 3rd the divider. The 3rd is an important one. Anyways, you agree with me that this fight was as close as they come right? So either man could've won and I'd be happy, but I thought for once, the judges had it right. As you can see I am a Kovalev fan, but Ward was clawing his way back, it already started in the 3rd. Everythingg leads back to the 3rd. I don't like Ward, but damn I respect him, especially after tonight. Always thought he was the real deal, didn't expect him to be so strong mentally to pull a comeback off like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
            Go back and check out the 5th round. Gotta give that one to Ward. Kovalev only takes one after the 7th, making the 3rd the divider. The 3rd is an important one. Anyways, you agree with me that this fight was as close as they come right? So either man could've won and I'd be happy, but I thought for once, the judges had it right. As you can see I am a Kovalev fan, but Ward was clawing his way back, it already started in the 3rd. Everythingg leads back to the 3rd. I don't like Ward, but damn I respect him, especially after tonight. Always thought he was the real deal, didn't expect him to be so strong mentally to pull a comeback off like that.
            I'm telling you, I watched the fight in HD. Ward was getting schooled until round 7.

I didn't see it "one round close" at all BECAUSE of the knockdown. Had that not happened, then I can easily see a 114-113 score. But it did happen.

Comment

I'm telling you, I watched the fight in HD. Ward was getting schooled until round 7.

I didn't see it "one round close" at all BECAUSE of the knockdown. Had that not happened, then I can easily see a 114-113 score. But it did happen.
              Well said. Good post.

Comment

good post....

Comment

Working...
                X