No announcement yet.

Damn man. I leave for basic training in a couple hours

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by INDIFFERENT View Post
    I don't know exactly why I decided to stop following orders, earning an entry level performance discharge. Although I left home with the intent of becoming a marine, I didn't enter San Diego with the motivation to endure the bull**** I knew I would be subjugated to. I thought the drill instructors would fix this issue. But when the yelling started and we recruits started getting ****ed up, it didn't help matters. I kind of made them worse, and about a week or so into 1st phase I began actively looking for ways out. I repeatedly told my senior DI, company commander, and 1st sgt that I just didn't possess the motivation to continue on any further and the title of a marine didn't mean anything to me.
    But thinking about it in recruit separation platoon for a couple weeks, I prolly had a case of homesickness despite my claims stating otherwise. My mom could have wrote some damn letters and maybe things would be different but whatever. Or maybe I could have been a man enough to go to my recruiter and request an mos change or even move my shipping date back. I don't know...it was a couple reasons, more than those I listed. But I still got love for the marines and the corps is still my favorite branch in us military. Thinking about it there's still some things bothering me about the way I handled it but I don't think enough time has past before I can definitively express regret.

i have a hard time waking up before 9am too

Comment

waking up a 5am after trying to sleep with a psycho DI yelling at recruits on firewatch may have also played a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by -2 Scrappy- View Post
        Is it really though? Maybe you should have used "doe" instead maybe it'd make you look less like a ******? Where did you learn grammar from? Mel Gibson academy of the mentally ******ed?
        You stalking me now, f*ggot?

It's obvious that you are in love with your roommate though/doe. You must have found someone to replace him. I'm not interested though--now go kick some rocks.

lol1:

Comment

Originally posted by Fistic View Post
          You stalking me now, f*ggot?

It's obvious that you are in love with your roommate though/doe. You must have found someone to replace him. I'm not interested though--now go kick some rocks.

lol1:
          Nah but I thought it was funny you called me the N word even though I'm white. Just shows how much of a racist beta you are.

Comment

Originally posted by -2 Scrappy- View Post
            Nah but I thought it was funny you called me the N word even though I'm white. Just shows how much of a racist beta you are.
            I understand you are devastated; however, you need not fabricate things.

Now, if you can provide evidence--do it--or **** off.

Comment

It's been damn near a year and the regret is still present.

Comment

Originally posted by INDIFFERENT View Post
                It's been damn near a year and the regret is still present.
                I probably asked but I'm too lazy to scroll through the other pages.

What do you regret?

Comment

Did you join the McDonalds corp?

Damn watching failure in this thread was rough. Was basic training that f#cking harsh? Sounds like you quit fairly easily or didn't really even try. Or thats the vibe I get anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Did you join the McDonalds corp?

Damn watching failure in this thread was rough. Was basic training that f#cking harsh? Sounds like you quit fairly easily or didn't really even try. Or thats the vibe I get anyway.
                    I dont know what he was expecting. I went to Parris Island which us where recruits on the east coast go.

I knew exactly what I was getting into and it is pretty crazy.

We had a little Indian kid try to kill himself with a Gillette razor.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                      I dont know what he was expecting. I went to Parris Island which us where recruits on the east coast go.

I knew exactly what I was getting into and it is pretty crazy.

We had a little Indian kid try to kill himself with a Gillette razor.
                      What % of guys quit or don't make it through basic training?

I was listening to Luke Thomas (an MMA guy who was in the Marines) a week or two ago & he got to talking about his time in basic & he said once you're signed up its a mfer to get kicked out cuz it f#cks with recruitment stats & a bunch of other random sh^t like that. He said when cats get injured they'll keep them on the island for a year or however long & start them all over in basic training once their healed lol. He said a couple guys he knew of got hurt more than once & had to go through basic partially more than once + completely eventually.

Comment

Working...
                      X