Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Brook Did 843K Live Viewers; 833K For Chocolatito' Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no wonder he's chasing canelo around like a groupie. this guy has no fans

Comment

• Originally posted by monkeyboy View Post
      I'm genuinely puzzled as to why purported boxing fans are glad that boxing's most hyped (fairly or unfairly) star is getting low viewing figures.

Boxing is in the doldrums in the US and that's being charitable. If you are hoping that another Mayweather (maybe Spence) comes along good for you but he caused a hell of a lot of problems as boxing ended up centred around him. Boxing would be much healthier if PBC were doing great business, HBO, Showtime and ESPN were going strong and great fighters up and down the scale were getting a strong fan base.
      Instead we have Pac lumbering on, fighters still calling out Mayweather, Canelo being poorly marketed and advised by GBP, great fighters (Rigo, Ward) getting less sales than 'Smurfs On Ice Christmas Special', etc etc.
      Boxing is now Mexican, British, German, Philipino and Chinese.
      Anyone think HBO is going to stay in boxing long? Anyone think PBC is going to be a media leviathan in five years time? Is ESPN going to be showing fights?
      Would a casual person in the street recognise Wilder or Spence?

But hey, hahaha GGG can't get viewers. Let's laugh while US boxing withers.
      Because we want better opposition. If he sells well with crap opponents then he'll keep fighting crap opponents.

Comment

• Originally posted by PolitikDitto View Post
        no wonder he's chasing canelo around like a groupie. this guy has no fans
        Let's put this in perspective for haters.

At 6:00, earlier for most the country, GGG pulls in 300k more than Lara, Charlo, Charlo championship fights.

GGG averages around 1.2m on a normal broadcast.

Anyone thinking this is bad is a ****ing moron. But guys is the case with most of GGG hate, so what's new.

Comment

• I love watching GGG haters just grasp at shiiiit

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
          He's the A side doe
          Damn right he is. Wonder what fighter besides Canelo you believe is doing better numbers.

His night shows do three times what Lara, Charlo, Charlo, and Trout did together on showtime.

1.35 million for Wade

Lara, Charlo, Charlo, Trout, 425k.

http://www.************.com/2016/04/208835/

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
          Dumbazz? The sold out arenas aren't just there for him. A lot of people came to see Lemieux, basically ALL of the fans Saturday were for brook (listen to the boos for him if you don't think so) and when tickets cost nothing, people don't mind paying for a night out. The myth is indeed coming to an end...and the hype.
          You gotta be kidding me with this. GGG has sold out in each of his last three fights.

Ward can't do that, where were brands fans.

You GGG haters ****ing funny to watch you grasping at everything and anything that you hope puts a ***** in his armor.

But you're gonna be mighty upset.

I can't even begin to say how much fun this us.

Three championship fights with Lara, Charlo, Charlo and trout do 425k in a night broadcast, you clowns say nothing.

GGG v Brook does 800,000 in U.S. On HBO, plus whatever it did in the u.k. Ppv, and you ****s think its bad.

Good lord, I wonder how much you sit around chanting "oh lord please let GGG lose, please let GGG lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
            Damn right he is. Wonder what fighter besides Canelo you believe is doing better numbers.

His night shows do three times what Lara, Charlo, Charlo, and Trout did together on showtime.

1.35 million for Wade

Lara, Charlo, Charlo, Trout, 425k.

http://www.************.com/2016/04/208835/

You gotta be kidding me with this. GGG has sold out in each of his last three fights.

Ward can't do that, where were brands fans.

You GGG haters ****ing funny to watch you grasping at everything and anything that you hope puts a ***** in his armor.

But you're gonna be mighty upset.

I can't even begin to say how much fun this us.

Three championship fights with Lara, Charlo, Charlo and trout do 425k in a night broadcast, you clowns say nothing.

GGG v Brook does 800,000 in U.S. On HBO, plus whatever it did in the u.k. Ppv, and you ****s think its bad.

Good lord, I wonder how much you sit around chanting "oh lord please let GGG lose, please let GGG lose."
            Difference is no one is calling lara, trout, Charlo stars and big draws. You and other GGG fan boys been saying for 2 years is growing and becoming a superstar yet this fight did worse then the Murray fight which aired at the same time of day. How does he have the so called biggest and most heavily promoted fight of his career and it does worse then a fight early last year that few cared about? He's not the draw you pretend him to be and has shown no evidence that his fan base has grown which is why his ppv flopped and HBO won't ever give him another one unless canelo fights him. He has to go to the UK and be the B side because he can't get any ppvs on his own network. Face it other then a few die hard boxing fans casuals don't care about him that's why his ppv flopped. Unless he steps up and fights better competition his career is going nowhere. UK fans don't even care about him unless he's fighting one of their own.
            Last edited by bigdunny1; 09-14-2016, 12:17 AM.

Comment

• It's gonna be tough for him at the negotiation table with Canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
                And the only people who care if he is or not are the ones who want to see him lose the most. Boxing fans like myself don't care if hes a "star". We pay to see a performance that he puts on. But whats funny is how people here will rag on these numbers of paid subscribers, but claim Danny Jacobs is a star for getting less than that, on "free tv"! ������

This place provides great entertainment sometimes.
                Nobody claims Jacob is a huge star , Jacobs would just be quality middleweight opposition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                  843k in the afternoon at 2:30, 5:30 pm is amazing. Wow the demographic is in full agony again. It was a UK fight you tools. UK viewership matters here. 90% of the promotion was in the UK for the UK.
                  Then props to Brook.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                    Who except hardcore fans and people without a job are sitting at home at 2:30/5:30 pm and watches boxing in the afternoon? Most people i know still work at that time.
                    Most people have Saturdays off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
                      forget all of this madness....the bigger question is where does "Jubei" work at.
                      McD's never sleeps.

Comment

Working...
                      X