Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broward Deputy Caught Sleeping on the Job Outside Parkland High School — And It Gets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broward Deputy Caught Sleeping on the Job Outside Parkland High School — And It Gets

A Broward County sheriff’s deputy has been suspended indefinitely after he was allegedly caught sleeping in his patrol car outside Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, roughly one month after a gunman opened fire and killed 17 people.

However, the deputy, Moises Carotti, will continue to get paid pending the results of an internal affairs investigation, according to the Broward County Sheriff's Office.

The deputy was reportedly caught sleeping by a student, who then informed another deputy on campus. That officer then alerted his superiors of the failure.

But it gets worse.
    Approximately 30 minutes before the deputy was caught sleeping, other officers arrested the confessed Parkland shooter’s brother, Zachary Cruz, for trespassing on school property. One lingering question has been how on Earth Cruz made it past security in the first place.

The incident is just the latest in a string of law enforcement failures in Broward County under the leadership of Sheriff Scott Israel.

After the shooting started, School Resource Officer Scot Peterson failed to confront and stop the shooter and instead stayed outside behind cover. While Sheriff Israel has condemned Peterson’s inaction, he also refused to take any responsibility for the actions of a deputy under his command.

“I gave him a gun. I gave him a badge. I gave him the training,” he previously said. “If he didn't have the heart to go in, that's not my responsibility.”

Last week, surveillance video was released showing the deputy's actions

It was also reported that officers did not enter the building until 11 minutes after the shooting began, leading to fresh questions on whether the response time could have been better.
    https://ijr.com/2018/03/1077802-brow...d-high-school/

6'5" 20 year police vet with a gun and a bullet proof vest was too scared to confront the shooter. those of you who think armed teachers are the answer to this, while your elected officials take money from the defense industry and the NRA, ought to take a good look in the mirror.

Comment

This is why citizens shouldnt rely on the government to keep them safe, but should take steps to protect themselves.

Remember, the US Supreme Court has ruled that police do not have the responsibility to protect citizens.

They only have a duty to investigate crimes, including murder, after they are actually committed.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        6'5" 20 year police vet with a gun and a bullet proof vest was too scared to confront the shooter. those of you who think armed teachers are the answer to this, while your elected officials take money from the defense industry and the NRA, ought to take a good look in the mirror.
        This is a different deputy from the one who didn't go into the school. This deputy was caught sleeping while Cruz brother trespassed into the school

Comment

charge him with gross negligence.

This is a position of public trust and lives are on the line, its a serious matter and punishment should reflect that.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            This is a different deputy from the one who didn't go into the school. This deputy was caught sleeping while Cruz brother trespassed into the school

yeah, there was no shooter in the incident where dude was caught sleeping. surely everybody else's reading comprehension is up to the level where they will understand what i was saying and why i was saying it.

"confront the shooter."

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
              This is why citizens shouldnt rely on the government to keep them safe, but should take steps to protect themselves.

Remember, the US Supreme Court has ruled that police do not have the responsibility to protect citizens.

They only have a duty to investigate crimes, including murder, after they are actually committed.

yeah, like legislating assault rifles out of the hands of anybody! citizens should take that into their own hands, just like those teenagers in florida who don't want to get killed or watch their friends die.

good luck arguing that a cop who is in schools to protect kids being let go after he didn't even have the nuts to walk into the building getting fired is unconstitutional. jesus f#cking christ some people are stupid. and you make them look bad . charting out new waters in being a complete moron.

Comment

Wtf. Also wtf this murderer kid gots a bro?!?!? Cmon man we doing murderer avenging sequels now. Wtf was he doing there?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  yeah, there was no shooter in the incident where dude was caught sleeping. surely everybody else's reading comprehension is up to the level where they will understand what i was saying and why i was saying it.

"confront the shooter."
                  You wrote a word salad. That **** was incomprehensible.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    You wrote a word salad. That **** was incomprehensible.

what part didn't you understand ? would you like me to hold your hand while you sound it out?

use your words, bro.

Comment

Working...
                    X