Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mikey Garcia signing with Dana White?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope he does. I want White in boxing and Garcia would be a good catch. Dana is a fans-first promoter.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
      I hope he does. I want White in boxing and Garcia would be a good catch. Dana is a fans-first promoter.
      Much easier to be a fans first promoter when you have a monopoly. Every fight is in house. You win no matter what.

The challenge in boxing is: everything is fragmented, so you have to be super protective. Take as little risk as possible. Etc. Which isn't very fan friendly, but the entire set up of boxing requires it.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        Much easier to be a fans first promoter when you have a monopoly. Every fight is in house. You win no matter what.

The challenge in boxing is: everything is fragmented, so you have to be super protective. Take as little risk as possible. Etc. Which isn't very fan friendly, but the entire set up of boxing requires it.
        true, but I still think Dana will inject some much needed energy and schedule more fights. It won't be another PBC project. Dana knows what fans want.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
          true, but I still think Dana will inject some much needed energy and schedule more fights. It won't be another PBC project. Dana knows what fans want.
          Don't understand what you mean. PBC doesn't schedule enough fights? Who is putting on more fights in the US than they are?

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            I forgot dana also said he refuses to work with showtime.

https://www.boxingscene.com/white-il...g-guys--123998

"The way that they handled that press release and what they did - I didn't trust them before and now I just despise those f***ing guys. The Showtime guys, I will never work with them again - ever."

So cross off fighters with haymon, arum and oscar if Mikey signs with dana. lol
            Dana should worry about ufc cuz it's lacking

Comment

...It's not going to happen. You guys can't be serious?

Comment

Crazy how ppl think dana white coming into,boxing and not working with others is somehow a good deal smfh.

Comment

Why would he do that? White is unproven as a boxing promoter and Mikey is one of the best boxers in the world.

Comment

I think Mikey is sniffing around for one of those guaranteed contracts similar to the crazy deal ROC nation signed with Cotto. They had to have lost money on that deal, or barely broke even. Guaranteed contracts are good for the fighter but not typically good for fans. If he does sign with White and Dana refuses to work with Top Rank or GBP, that rules out the best fights for fans (Loma, Linares, Crawford) and he'll be looking at PBC opponents only.

I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Danny Garcia, Thurman, Khan, Peterson, but those are high risk fights. Not sure he's really looking in that direction going forward, so I'm curious what his game plan is. I think a good fight to make is Mikey and Gervonta at 135. Be good while it lasts, and Mikey likely picks him apart to a TKO or UD. Doubt Gervonta will nut up for that fight either.

Comment

Didn't anyone else cringe watching those videos? Dana White looked so out of place.

Comment

Working...
                      X