Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should ''King'' Arthur Abraham Retire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should ''King'' Arthur Abraham Retire?

Former three time, two weight division champion Arthur Abraham especially in the last two years he lost in two big fights. He just did not lose so, he performed a terrible performance. Some boxing fans likened him to a heavybag. Despite all this, he will leave boxing as having a really good career.

Do you believe that last night's fight is the last fight in Abraham's career?

Yes, Please
    100.00%
    No, There are still some things to do
    0.00%

Of coarse I didn't even know he still fought..

Comment

hes done, that was a pick up a paycheque performance last night.

Comment

I think so.

Comment

Maybe take a retirement fight in Germany against a lesser opponent and go out on a win. I still can't believe two judges last night gave him two rounds.

Comment

I dont know. I dont think AA is overly shopworn...hes never really taken that much abuse...he just looks older and seems less interested in the game. I have always maintained that after the DQ vs dirrell and losing his undefeated record he realised that boxing is a business and that his place of business was back in europe where his credentials actually afforded him some amount of respect. He can continue to make money there if he so desires without too much risk...and good luck to him if he wishes to do so.

Comment

Yeah he should. If he decides to come back I'd rather fight someone like Kessler or Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by Fionn View Post
                Maybe take a retirement fight in Germany against a lesser opponent and go out on a win. I still can't believe two judges last night gave him two rounds.
                I think he won a round. Probably third round but i dont know other. 11-1 or 12-0 Eubank. He deserves to finish his career with a win. As you say he can fight against some euro level fighter(like Krasniqi, Stieglitz) in Germany.

Comment

He's become a gatekeeper. Still a good fighter, but he hasn't put together a decent performance in more than 2 years. Maybe 3?

Comment

Depends how much money he has in his bank account. If he's got a few million + some investments he should probably retire. If he doesn't & he doesn't got any job outlooks beyond boxing he's probably gotta keep boxing.

From a purely boxing standpoint of course he should quit.

Comment

Working...
                    X