No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Donald Trump thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    The so called "justice" system favors race and class. I just posted a topic last week from a studyb confirming that. Trump is a rich white male. If he didn't do anything wrong he has nothing to worry about. Even if he did do something wrong he has less to worry about than a poor black or brown innocent person. Those are the facts
    Any wealthy prison has "less to worry about" than a poor person regardless of race. Plenty of wealthy black men have gotten off the hook because of their wealth or celebrity status, where a working class white man would have fried. Michael Jackson, OJ, Mayweather, Ray Rice, Jayson Williams, Snoop, and many others have all committed crimes that would have gotten any non-celebrity some serious time.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      Any wealthy prison has "less to worry about" than a poor person regardless of race. Plenty of wealthy black men have gotten off the hook because of their wealth or celebrity status, where a working class white man would have fried. Michael Jackson, OJ, Mayweather, Ray Rice, Jayson Williams, Snoop, and many others have all committed crimes that would have gotten any non-celebrity some serious time.
      Who has more to worry about. A poor black man or a poor white man?

Comment

Who has more to worry about. A poor black man or a poor white man?
        In 2017 a poor white man.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
          In 2017 a poor white man.
          Ok man. I'm done because you aren't serious

Comment

Ok man. I'm done because you aren't serious
            I am, but at least I have the balls to answer a direct question. Something you refuse to do on this thread and others.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
              How so?

And remember, BOTH parties attacked him both before the election and after he won it. Sounds like an outsider to me.

Unless we throw out the 1st Amendment, that aint happening.

W Bush and the bi-partisan lifers in Congress tried intruding on the 1st Amendment via McCain-Feingold, though thankfully the Supreme Court rules it unconstitutional.
              What does the first admendment have to do with lobbyists?
              Using money to buy off politicians often secretly and behind closed doors is not right.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
                What does the first admendment have to do with lobbyists?
                We are all free to lobby Congress.

Lobbying is speaking to them and asking them to side/vote a certain way. Each individual Congressperson then can choose to allow themselves to be swayed or not.

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
                Using money to buy off politicians often secretly and behind closed doors is not right.
                Who said anything about doing it in secret?

I believe all lobbyists must be registered as such.

You're hung up on blaming lobbyists. They can do nothing by themselves. The elected officials being lobbied have to play ball. Hold them accountable at the ballot box.

Also, be happy you have Trump in office if you so hate lobbying. Trump took no special interest money, so he's beholden to no one.

That's a breath of fresh air, and a hell of a change in the status quo.

Comment

We are all free to lobby Congress.

Lobbying is speaking to them and asking them to side/vote a certain way. Each individual Congressperson then can choose to allow themselves to be swayed or not.

Who said anything about doing it in secret?

I believe all lobbyists must be registered as such.

You're hung up on blaming lobbyists. They can do nothing by themselves. The elected officials being lobbied have to play ball. Hold them accountable at the ballot box.

Also, be happy you have Trump in office if you so hate lobbying. Trump took no special interest money, so he's beholden to no one.

That's a breath of fresh air, and a hell of a change in the status quo.
                  The whole tax bill is a disgusting racket.

The Republicans are seeking to drive through the tax 'reform' agenda, as a means to give a break to their donors, who will in turn fund their campaign.

It is really a baffling degree of graft and it is pretty unbelievable that they are now so open about it.

The entire situation is a product of the state of campaign finance laws.

But, there's not a lot of point in *****ing about this stuff anymore. The American system of self-governance is already dead.

America is not coming back. So, there's no point really even trying to discuss aspect of needed reform in a place like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
                    The whole tax bill is a disgusting racket.

The Republicans are seeking to drive through the tax 'reform' agenda, as a means to give a break to their donors, who will in turn fund their campaign.

It is really a baffling degree of graft and it is pretty unbelievable that they are now so open about it.
                    Are you talking about the current tax bill in Congress?

If so, it's one that gives tax cuts to ALL brackets, not just the rich and donors.

You're a sharp guy. Too sharp to be parroting DNC talking points.

Btw, you really should be keeping up better on who the rich are giving too. Wall Street gave their money to Hillary, not Trump. Lots of memes out there mocking people like Pocahontas Warren who blasts Wall Street at every turn, then endorsed the candidate they gave the most money to.

Comment

Are you talking about the current tax bill in Congress?

If so, it's one that gives tax cuts to ALL brackets, not just the rich and donors.

You're a sharp guy. Too sharp to be parroting DNC talking points.

Btw, you really should be keeping up better on who the rich are giving too. Wall Street gave their money to Hillary, not Trump. Lots of memes out there mocking people like Pocahontas Warren who blasts Wall Street at every turn, then endorsed the candidate they gave the most money to.
                      I'm not going to engage in tit for tat.

I will say that I think it is almost self evident that you support the 'tax reform' on ideological grounds (yet, you accuse me, constantly of being a DNC ideologue, which is very far from the truth).

But I also know that we aren't going to agree. Though we can still spout off, of course.

Comment

Working...
                      X