No announcement yet.

NSB Pick 'em #10 Jose Carlos Ramirez vs Amir Imam

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    it's a tough call, I think we've just continued with Bob's tradition of only title fights or other 'big' events, for one to keep down the workload, but also to try to be more inclusive - picking up fights too far down the pay grade might turn away the less obsessive of the forum members.

Myself I'd be more than happy to throw in the odd smaller fight on quiet weeks - maybe even some regional match-ups from Europe or the Far East, just to encourage folk to broaden their knowledge base a little. And you're right that any of the 10 rounders tomorrow have great potential, though we chose not to do Gvozdyk vs Amar because it was just too big of a mismatch.

It's probably too late now to reasonably add another fight to the pick 'em for this weekend, but if enough people show an interest in doing some 10 rounders it's certainly something that we can consider going forward. Far as I'm concerned I wouldn't really want to do more than 2 fights in a weekend, but doing smaller fights on quiet weeks is cool, especially if they promise to be more competitive than some of the mismatches we see at title level.

EDIT: And on a lighter note,and talking about smaller fights I have to be wondering who else picked up on some of the pugilists fighting at the FLOYD MAYWEATHER BOXING ACADEMY, in Zhukovka, Russia. It's neither clever nor big to laugh at the vagueries of transliteration, but I'm going to anyway. Here's to you Alexander SaltyKov, and Vaginak Tamrazyan.
    I imo I think we should stick to the bigger fights like we have.I mean we already have like Drama Show who is a regular poster and doing REALLY good on picks but has never even seen the two we got this week.If we go any lower we are just gonna have a lot of people guessing.Imo we should try and keep as much luck out as possible.Thats just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
      I imo I think we should stick to the bigger fights like we have.I mean we already have like Drama Show who is a regular poster and doing REALLY good on picks but has never even seen the two we got this week.If we go any lower we are just gonna have a lot of people guessing.Imo we should try and keep as much luck out as possible.Thats just my 2 cents.
      That was pretty much the point I was making at the start. Not everyone has the time or inclination to follow every top 20 guy and prospect in every division, and I wouldn't want people to feel excluded. That said, I'm good either way. My gut feeling is that most players are happy with the level as is, but if enough players really wanted to do it I wouldn't have a a problem with smaller fights.

Comment

ruedboy: Ramirez KO 5-8

Comment

That was pretty much the point I was making at the start. Not everyone has the time or inclination to follow every top 20 guy and prospect in every division, and I wouldn't want people to feel excluded. That said, I'm good either way. My gut feeling is that most players are happy with the level as is, but if enough players really wanted to do it I wouldn't have a a problem with smaller fights.
          Agree if majority really wanted it then that's fine.Just would like to see the majority have seen the fighters we use.But we can cross that bridge when/if we have to.

Comment

Please no regional match ups... that would put a dent in this poll...imo

Comment

Ganondorf, Ramirez, KO5-8.

Comment

Caught Square, Ramirez KO 9-12

Comment

Remember when Don King said imam was the next mayweather haha

*TonyMontana*,Ramirez,KO 1-4

Comment

Picks overwhelmingly in favour of Ramirez so far, despite having no really significant wins... is this a comment on Ramirez' quality, I wonder or a damning indictment of Imam?
                    Indictment of Imam for me.

I think Ramirez is a skilled cat, but this is a very solid step up for him so there is no reason to have a ton of faith in him either. That said Imam gots nothing on defense or has much of a plan once he starts taking shots + his career was basically stopped when he took his L which is gonna do nothing to help him in this fight.

King has just been maintaining Imam vs lesser guys since the L which is not the type of grooming you wanna have going into a fight vs a guy like Ramirez, who's looking to prove himself, as I see it. Imam should've been thrown in with some solid guys after his L to grow & improve.

So it could very well be that Imam cracks Ramirez & Ramirez decides this ain't for him, but Imam has already been cracked vs a guy who's seen by most as having lesser potential than Ramirez and HE CRACKED so logic says he's more likely to crack quicker the next time he does crack. Is this that time? We shall see tomorrow, but my money is on Ramirez.

It should be an interesting fight that does a lot to define both guys moving forward.

Comment

Originally posted by *TonyMontana* View Post
                      Remember when Don King said imam was the next mayweather haha

*TonyMontana*,Ramirez,KO 1-4
                      He does have a lot of talent he can throw every punch in book.But he does NOT have Floyd talent(his defence should be better with his reflexes but keeps his feet and don't move head enough)Its his heart that's the BIG ? imo.But this kid does have loads of skill.Ramirez also has some ?s his opp have been bad and has yet to go more then 10(once)and has fought no one to really test his chin.If the Gran fight hade never took place id pick Imam EASY.But REALLY hard to bet on guy who folded in his only real test.He beat Ugas but that was Ugas last loss and last fight at 40 so don't know if he was tight at weight.Wish I could see them fight before I bet on either just soooo many ?s on each(obv more on Imam).We will know a lot more on each after this fight imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X