• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    That's nice. I gotta check that out
    Its on youtube

Comment

with 50 grand i'd have hookers for a week, a load of cocaine and booze. the **** am i gonna get from a tv? shyt can be downloaded of the internet now anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
        Im shopping for a TV for my cave and ive found this..

LG 65sj8000
        - HDR
        - 120hz

$1100
        That's actually a good one. It also has TruMotion 240, that's the setting to give motion interpolation AKA the soap opera effect.

Comment

I currently have the lg 6300
          65 inches 4k HDR
          Got it for 699

Its awesome but wished its a little brighter

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
            Do you realize how much cocaine and hookers you can buy for $75,000? I'd spent $5k on a tv and speakers and $70k on some serious skiing with some females with curves like Beyoncé.

p.s. Wait til Xmas to buy a tv. Basically all tvs are going to be marked down way cheaper on Black Friday.
            But you're not going to get anything good. Stores don't put their best products on sale for black friday. And most price drops are false price drops.

In fact, the same tv's that were on "sale" in Black Friday 2017, are now hundreds of dollars cheaper with no black friday or holiday.

Also, I don't know if you've noticed this but I have (used to work retail). Let's say a 4K tv costs $800 dollars on sale before black friday, and the regular price is $1500. Okay nice little price drop. But when November comes and black friday is approaching, the company raises the price to $1100, then for black friday lower the price back to $850. The initial price drop. But people see "oooh black friday price drop, get it it used to be $1500!". Lol, guess what, you just bought the tv for the same price the store wants to sell it in the first place, with or without black friday. But you just went crazy, waited for that "price drop" to get it on a certain day that stores supposedly have generous prices for you.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
              I currently have the lg 6300
              65 inches 4k HDR
              Got it for 699

Its awesome but wished its a little brighter
              That's a low end 4k tv. 60 hertz. The backlight is direct LED, which is used to keep manufacturing cheaper. Hence your dark picture.

But all that matters is that you're satisfied with it. Me personally i'd buy that tv only to play PS4 Pro in 4K.

Comment

Oh look, the Sony X850E 75 inch $1,999 on Black Friday! Get it hurry, it's original price is $2,300!

How much does it cost now?

Oh look, it's still $2k

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-75...C7SonocPiFPoWQ

The 65 inch Samsung MU8000 is on sale for 2017 Black Friday??? What did you say, $1,297? Regular price $1500? Wow...i'm getting it!

How much is it now?

Oh look, it's now cheaper at $1,099...

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...8w7LXMFrrfjcOA

So you're telling me I waited until black friday to buy a tv that was close to being replaced by it's successor, was the same price it had been for months, and just after Black Friday it was even cheaper?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  But you're not going to get anything good. Stores don't put their best products on sale for black friday. And most price drops are false price drops.

In fact, the same tv's that were on "sale" in Black Friday 2017, are now hundreds of dollars cheaper with no black friday or holiday.

Also, I don't know if you've noticed this but I have (used to work retail). Let's say a 4K tv costs $800 dollars on sale before black friday, and the regular price is $1500. Okay nice little price drop. But when November comes and black friday is approaching, the company raises the price to $1100, then for black friday lower the price back to $850. The initial price drop. But people see "oooh black friday price drop, get it it used to be $1500!". Lol, guess what, you just bought the tv for the same price the store wants to sell it in the first place, with or without black friday. But you just went crazy, waited for that "price drop" to get it on a certain day that stores supposedly have generous prices for you.
                  For a lot of tvs you are right. But there were 60+ inch, 4k t.v.'s that are thousands now that were halfprice on black Friday.

You got to know the deals. I go look at these things all year, see how much they are, and then see what the real deals are. There aren't that many, but there are some. They are the doorbusters on black Friday. Anything not on doorbuster, yea, you save a little or nothing at all, but I've seen tvs over $2000 year round, dropped to $1,100 on black Friday.

I don't know about $25,000 tvs, but I've seen $4k or $5k tvs half price on black Friday. And that is half price from now or July or any other time.

Comment

@ people who pay 4k or more on a TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
                      For a lot of tvs you are right. But there were 60+ inch, 4k t.v.'s that are thousands now that were halfprice on black Friday.

You got to know the deals. I go look at these things all year, see how much they are, and then see what the real deals are. There aren't that many, but there are some. They are the doorbusters on black Friday. Anything not on doorbuster, yea, you save a little or nothing at all, but I've seen tvs over $2000 year round, dropped to $1,100 on black Friday.

I don't know about $25,000 tvs, but I've seen $4k or $5k tvs half price on black Friday. And that is half price from now or July or any other time.
                      That's new to me. I have to see that to believe it. I worked for Best Buy for 2 years, years ago, and never saw that. I worked in the TV section. It was actually amusing to me, the tv's Best Buy would put "on sale" and what the "price drop" was.

Can tell you for sure, 60hz tv do get real price drops (Motion Rate 120, Trumotion 120 AKA fake 120hz).

I want to see these high end tv's that were $4-5k get half price on black friday.

The best i've seen is pretty much high end tv's that is going to get a price drop regardless of holidays, it's just that the next model up is coming, and a store uses black friday to sell it at the price they're going to sell it for, for the rest of its life on the shelf.

The biggest price drop of any tv in black friday 2017 was the $15,000 77 inch LG G7 OLED, that was $9,999 for black friday. But here's the catch...that tv is now currently $9,700-$9,999, and it has been since December.

Comment

Working...
                      X