No announcement yet.

Oh man, Edgar has the worst luck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh man, Edgar has the worst luck

He had a chance at a title fight, against a guy whom stylistically favored Edgar, IMO..

He would have been well within his rights to have waited until Max healed, and had his title fight again.

Now Max gets to sit back, while Edgar gets eliminated.

And instead of having to fight Edgar, AND if he won, then fight Ortega, he gets to kick back and just fight the winner.

Doesn't matter. UFC commentators were hyping Brian Ortega up all night. Is he the real deal or all hype? Looked legit to me.

Comment

I had a bad feeling Edgar was gonna lose.

I just get that feeling whenever there's a late replacement against a top contender who is in line for a title shot. Edgar is getting up there in age, unfortunately this is the second or third time the Holloway fight was postponed.

I would have bet money on Edgar beating Holloway. Edgar should have waited for Holloway, but he's a true fighter and wanted to fight a young stud and paid the price.

That being said, I like Ortega's chances against Holloway.

Comment

Originally posted by mind_blown View Post
        Doesn't matter. UFC commentators were hyping Brian Ortega up all night. Is he the real deal or all hype? Looked legit to me.
        He has the best submissions in the UFC...besides Werdum at HW.

His striking has left a lot to be desired and even in his this fight, Edgar was doing a good job going in and out but Edgar can be hit, usually he takes it and keeps on coming. Ortega was doing a decent job with his jab to be fair, he started to use it a bit more once it first landed. To KO Edgar, he has to have some respectable power but I think Holloway will still win.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
          He has the best submissions in the UFC...besides Werdum at HW.

His striking has left a lot to be desired and even in his this fight, Edgar was doing a good job going in and out but Edgar can be hit, usually he takes it and keeps on coming. Ortega was doing a decent job with his jab to be fair, he started to use it a bit more once it first landed. To KO Edgar, he has to have some respectable power but I think Holloway will still win.
          People seem to think he's going to upset Holloway, but I really doubt it.

Comment

that's his fault for trying to play god. should have just waited.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
              that's his fault for trying to play god. should have just waited.
              HA! I fully agree with this.

Comment

Working...
              X