Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia: I'd Rather Fight Errol Spence Than Lomachenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
    Mikey Garcia starring in the remake of The Running Man.
    A-ha-ha )))
    Super !!!

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      Linares is his mandatory and Linares has had two years to demand a purse bid. Mikey says he wants to win the IBF 140 and then move back down to 135 to unify with Linares. You say he has zero intention of doing that, but there's nothing logical to support your position. Let's see who ends up ducking the purse bid.

Mikey had every intention of fighting Cotto if it was a one fight contract. That fight didn't happen because GB would only let the fight happen if Mikey signed a long term exclusive promotional agreement.

I agree Crawford & Loma won't happen, but that's not because of Mikey. That's because of Bob Arum. No logical reason for Bob to allow those fights. He doesn't have Mikey. He has very few stars. It would decimate his ESPN deal for one of his two main guys to lose to Mikey unless he had Mikey locked up long term.
      You people forget Mickey has an education. He has lost years on s bad contract. The Bob Father, Oscar and Al Haymon all want long term contracts. If you don't believe in your fighter make the other fighter sign a rematch clause with the ability to promote it.

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      Exactly, I was big on Garcia early on but this guy is the most calculated guy in boxing in terms of being in easy fights.

You know damn well that's not what I mean, alphabet soup. His resume is not that good, his best wins are journeyman Salido, a washed up Broner, and.....Roman Martinez? This is the guy who calls out guys like Lomachenko, Spence, Thurman, Cotto, and Linares but had/has no intentions of fighting any of them. It's not that he's that good, it's that he refuses to fight anybody worth a damn. He'll probably defeat the beatable Lipinets, take a 10 month lay off and come back to fight somebody like Easter.
      Wait a minute Orlando "Siri" Salido a journeyman? The guy that beat Vasyl Lomachenko?

Orlando Salido is a multiple-time former world champion in two weight classes (IBF featherweight title in 2010, the WBO featherweight title twice between 2011 and 2014 and the WBO interim super featherweight title from 2014 to 2015).

Cotto and Linares were never gonna happen but that's because Mikey was not gonna sign a long term deal.

Being world champion at 140 > being world champion at 135.

Mikey can't force Linares to fight him. He's already said he'll move back down to 135 to unify with Linares. The WBC has said they'll order a purse bid next month. Let's see who ducks the fight. Linares tried to duck it by going after the Loma fight.
      You guys are blaming the fighters for the politics of boxing.
      Last edited by TJ highway; 02-21-2018, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
        You people forget Mickey has an education. He has lost years on s bad contract.
        Which is why he's not willing to sign another bad one just to get one fight. Mikey will make the most money with Haymon, which is why he's with Haymon.

Comment

Mikey is full of crap these days

Comment

Garcia walks at 172+ between the fights, just like Golovkin, he'll never make again 135 for Lomachenko or Linares, all his future fights will be no lower than 138-140

Comment

Originally posted by Satir View Post
              Garcia walks at 172+ between the fights, just like Golovkin, he'll never make again 135 for Lomachenko or Linares, all his future fights will be no lower than 138-140
              ... Spence: "I’m not worried about my weight (...) That’s what all fighters go through. There are guys that come down 30 or 40 pounds all the time."

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                ... Spence: "I’m not worried about my weight (...) That’s what all fighters go through. There are guys that come down 30 or 40 pounds all the time."
                what does it tell you, Spence is the same diuretic cheater and weight bullying as Garcia

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  Three division world champion Mikey Garcia (37-0, 30 KOs) says the welterweight division is certainly in his future. Garcia back on March 10th, when he goes for his fourth divisional title in a showdown with undefeated junior welterweight champion Sergey Lipinets. Provided he wins, one fight that Garcia wants to do before heading up in weight is a unification with WBA lightweight champion Jorge Linares.
                  [Click Here To Read More]
                  ... you'd ''rather fight'' another fighter you'll end up never fighting...

It's so sad, I used to like him a lot.

Comment

face it garcia would rather face anybody than have to quit vs nomaschenko

Comment

So we're supposed to criticize him because he's really good?

What if he was the greatest fighter that ever lived and nobody would be a 50-50 fight? We're suppose to trash him for that?

Such a strange way of thinking.

The dude, right away, after a long layoff, went after the undefeated WBC lightweight world champion that Linares was ducking and quickly knocked him out.

He then moved up to 140 to hand Broner his only loss in his best weight class. Now he's fighting for a world title at 140 and wants to fight for a world title at 147.

The dude used to fight at FEATHERWEIGHT!!! You should be praising him for having the balls to keep moving up in weight and instead you're ****ting on him because he's good and nobody at his weight would be 50-50 against him?!?
                      Broner was only dominant at 135. Paulie pretty much beat him at 140 not to mention broner has been a shell of himself since leaving 135.

Comment

Working...
                      X