No announcement yet.

Why did AJ not get extra time in NY?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did AJ not get extra time in NY?

Why did Joshua not get extra recovery time Wilder got which we were all told is within the rules when fighting in NY? The rule, which seems like a joke rule to me, was brought in to action for Deontay Wilder but not for Joshua.

That rule needs taking out of the New York play book as it is nothing more than a tool to protect American fighters from losing. If any fighter needed looking at by a ring side doctor it was Anthony Joshua, he seemed concussed. Wilder was just getting battered like in most normal fights.

We cant have these Americans having one rule for their own and one for everybody else. And American want to cry about not wanting to fight in the UK? Im not surprised, there is much less chance they will get away with PEDDING in the UK and there is much less chance of a robbery.

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
    Why did Joshua not get extra recovery time Wilder got which we were all told is within the rules when fighting in NY? The rule, which seems like a joke rule to me, was brought in to action for Deontay Wilder but not for Joshua.

That rule needs taking out of the New York play book as it is nothing more than a tool to protect American fighters from losing. If any fighter needed looking at by a ring side doctor it was Anthony Joshua, he seemed concussed. Wilder was just getting battered like in most normal fights.

We cant have these Americans having one rule for their own and one for everybody else. And American want to cry about not wanting to fight in the UK? Im not surprised, there is much less chance they will get away with PEDDING in the UK and there is much less chance of a robbery.
    From being knocked down to being waved off AJ had 24 seconds! Must be a record amount of time any fighter has been given to continue.

Comment

Originally posted by cally83 View Post
      From being knocked down to being waved off AJ had 24 seconds! Must be a record amount of time any fighter has been given to continue.
      Yeah, your comment is pointless.
      Address the issue raised.
      Wilder had a secondary check by the doctor before the round began but after he'd had his break in the corner. And wilder hadn't even been knocked down and yes we were all told this is new nysac procedure etc. Yet AJ wasn't given this secondary doctor check inbetween rounds before the round began. A load of BS

Comment

Good point daneutral and as you say if anybody needed this secondary check it was AJ who had gone down heavily and seemed strange. Wilder didn't even get knocked down just took a little battering on his feet. Some suspicious ****. Matter of fact, have we got clips of any fighter since the wilder Ortiz fight being allowed this extra break and a check from the doctor before the round began??. I think even paulie called it out as BS on commentary for that fight and he's a new yorker! (I think he did anyway) just like boxing judging , refereeing and rankings, this sport has no consistency.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSuperLeeds View Post
          Yeah, your comment is pointless.
          Address the issue raised.
          Wilder had a secondary check by the doctor before the round began but after he'd had his break in the corner. And wilder hadn't even been knocked down and yes we were all told this is new nysac procedure etc. Yet AJ wasn't given this secondary doctor check inbetween rounds before the round began. A load of BS
          Knocked down 4 times and giving 24 seconds to recover. What more did he need. Did he want to come back the next day and finish the fight or something?

Comment

Good point daneutral and as you say if anybody needed this secondary check it was AJ who had gone down heavily and seemed strange. Wilder didn't even get knocked down just took a little battering on his feet. Some suspicious ****. Matter of fact, have we got clips of any fighter since the wilder Ortiz fight being allowed this extra break and a check from the doctor before the round began??. I think even paulie called it out as BS on commentary for that fight and he's a new yorker! (I think he did anyway) just like boxing judging , refereeing and rankings, this sport has no consistency.
            I believe Browne received the doctor check at the star of the 8th round against Pascal last weekend

Comment

Thank you, and this is not an Anthony Joshua thing this is a double standard thing. I hate this NY rule i think it is nothing more than a tool to be used as a form of protection for the home fighter. IT STINKS.

I was completely bemused when they took Wilder to the corner, after a minutes break, to check him out. Why? Cuz he was hurt form being punched by Ortiz? In a Boxing match? Yet in another fight where that rule could actually made the tinniest bit of sense it was not used by the same NY state people.

It needs to go. The terrible American drug testing system is bad enough, the unacceptable judging is bad enough, we dont need **** like this too.

Comment

Thank you, and this is not an Anthony Joshua thing this is a double standard thing. I hate this NY rule i think it is nothing more than a tool to be used as a form of protection for the home fighter. IT STINKS.

I was completely bemused when they took Wilder to the corner, after a minutes break, to check him out. Why? Cuz he was hurt form being punched by Ortiz? In a Boxing match? Yet in another fight where that rule could actually made the tinniest bit of sense it was not used by the same NY state people.

It needs to go. The terrible American drug testing system is bad enough, the unacceptable judging is bad enough, we dont need **** like this too.
                Lmao it is ABSOLUTELY a Joshua thing to you. If this was another fighter you wouldnt have mentioned it. AJ has received his fair amount of quick stoppages. Other countries arent without corruption. Dont let your emotions get the best of you because AJ got demolished in what is one of the most embarrassing upsets in boxing. Lol. AJ was never really any good. Had he fought in the U.S. from the beginning he would never have even become champion
                Last edited by Lopez_Boxing; 08-10-2019, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
                  Lmao it is ABSOLUTELY a Joshua thing to you. If this was another fighter you wouldnt have mentioned it.
                  It was a good comparison. When it happened in the Wilder Ortiz fight all i heard was loads of stuff about why this NYSAC thing was put in place and why it is a good thing that it is in place. Anthony Joshua was in a real messy state in that ring and looked clearly concussed from that blow to the top of the head and all in all it was clearly a good example of what that rule is in place for yet there was no signs what so ever of it happening.

Yet they jumped in and helped an American fighter against a none American fighter the 1st chance they got. This is not anti Wilder or pro Joshua this is about blatant corruption in the guise of a rule that is not being implemented as advertised but is instead being used as tool to help change the course of a fight in the favour of its home fighters.

That fight was a while ago now, why not let it drop? Cuz that rule is still there. I dont want to see any cheating, i want a fair sport and that rule needs to be removed or changed.

Comment

It was a good comparison. When it happened in the Wilder Ortiz fight all i heard was loads of stuff about why this NYSAC thing was put in place and why it is a good thing that it is in place. Anthony Joshua was in a real messy state in that ring and looked clearly concussed from that blow to the top of the head and all in all it was clearly a good example of what that rule is in place for yet there was no signs what so ever of it happening.

Yet they jumped in and helped an American fighter against a none American fighter the 1st chance they got. This is not anti Wilder or pro Joshua this is about blatant corruption in the guise of a rule that is not being implemented as advertised but is instead being used as tool to help change the course of a fight in the favour of its home fighters.

That fight was a while ago now, why not let it drop? Cuz that rule is still there. I dont want to see any cheating, i want a fair sport and that rule needs to be removed or changed.
                    Fair play to you IF youre serious about the over all sport. If it was AJ that received the extra time and you would still point it out then we need more fans like you. But with your blantant knocks on the "American" boxing system without mentioning other countries, it comes off that you think AJ would have won had he got extra time.....im telling you he wouldnt.

Comment

Working...
                    X