No announcement yet.

ESPN’s 2018 FIGHTS OF THE YEAR

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sable&Whitefish View Post
    Yeah but they have Dorticos/Gassiev as their #2 fight of the year, that was pretty one-sided IMO at least in the second half, and Gassiev dropped Dorticos 3 times in the 12th. People are hyping that fight a lot, Dorticos fizzled and everyone knew he was going to need a few KDs or a KO by the later rounds to win it.

Fury - Wilder was more or less one-sided for Fury in terms of boxing ability and point-scoring, but Fury got knocked down twice. It was a high-drama fight. Deserves top 10 status for sure.

If you get a chance watch Saucedo-Zappavigna, it's excellent. It's a fight between a determined up-and-comer and a champion who had no intention of giving up his title. It was a bloodbath, beyond exciting.
    Gassiev was definitely getting the better of it in the second half. I was already sensing that Dorticos wouldn’t see the final bell at that rate. But, despite all that, Yunier still made it a go. And you can never count out a guy with his power. Does it deserve #2? Perhaps that’s debatable, but I thought it fit the qualifications to be somewhere on this list. On the flipside, I felt Wilder-Fury deserved consideration, but just barely. Wilder-Ortiz was more worthy, I thought. (Say what you will about Deontay, but he puts on a show.)

This is all just my opinion, of course. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I’ll definitely make time to check out your recommendation. Clearly you’re not alone in your view.

Comment

Working...
    X