Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Military to build border wall if Democrats refuse.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Ok, you answered the 1st question. Thanks. I don't see why his supporters just can't admit it and move on. Now how about the 2nd one.

Vlad, are you and the other Trumpers going to hold him accountable for lying to you about this?
    No, because I never really bought it from the beginning. I knew what kind person Trump is, probably was in the moment with the crowd amping him up and then blurted it out without thinking. But the wall on the other was a policy ideal so that's the ultimate goal. As for Mexico paying for it, I could see him slipping in some provision in the new nafta where it gives slightly better terms to US on one of the trade stipulations and then pointing to that as Mexico paying for the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
      No, because I never really bought it from the beginning. I knew what kind person Trump is, probably was in the moment with the crowd amping him up and then blurted it out without thinking. But the wall on the other was a policy ideal so that's the ultimate goal. As for Mexico paying for it, I could see him slipping in some provision in the new nafta where it gives slightly better terms to US on one of the trade stipulations and then pointing to that as Mexico paying for the wall.
      Exactly.

You're getting it.

He either wont, or he can't.

Comment

Is Mexico no building the wall no more?

Also a wall is mfing ******ed. Just use the border patrol as is with some improvements here & there to fill the gaps. Get motion detectors & cams to spot mfers crossing. Use drones to spot mfers. Then send out a team of mfers to go round up the mfers crashing the border. Much cheaper then building some stupid f#cking wall. The upkeep for this wall is gonna be millions of dollars a year. And for what? Its a symbolic thing more than a needed thing thats going to prevent THAT many mfers from coming to the US illegally.

Comment

Democrats don't mind spending over $350 billion for welfare and another $750 billion for Medicaid, but are willing to let the Government shut down over a $5 billion wall.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            Democrats don't mind spending over $350 billion for welfare and another $750 billion for Medicaid, but are willing to let the Government shut down over a $5 billion wall.
            Priorities, priorities.

It's all about winning elections for them.

Never mind that governing as Santa Claus isn't sustainable. It wins elections, and that's all that counts.

Always remember, no matter how bad off economically a country gets, the political class always gets richer and richer.

The USSR, Cuba, Venezuela, North Korea, and on and on. Even when the populace starves and eats pets and zoo animals to survive, the bank accounts of the leaders there just keep growing and growing.

I have never understood how D superfans get incensed at rich private sector citizens, but yet they love rich 1%'er government leaders.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
              Always remember, no matter how bad off economically a country gets, the political class always gets richer and richer.

I have never understood how D superfans get incensed at rich private sector citizens, but yet they love rich 1%'er government leaders.
              The article below speaks to the bolded paragraph above.

Wealthy cities and elite zip codes thrived under the slow-moving economic recovery of President Obama while rural American communities were left behind, a study reveals.

The Economic Innovation Group research, highlighted by Axios, details the massive economic inequality between the country’s coastal city elites and middle America’s working class between the Great Recession in 2007 and Obama’s economic recovery in 2016.

Between 2007 and 2016, the number of residents living in elite zip codes grew by more than ten million, with an overwhelming faction of that population growth being driven by mass immigration where the U.S. imports more than 1.5 million illegal and legal immigrants annually.

The booming 44.5 million immigrant populations are concentrated mostly in the country’s major cities like Los Angeles, California, Miami Florida, and New York City, New York. The rapidly growing U.S. population — driven by immigration — is set to hit 404 million by 2060, a boon for real estate developers, wealthy investors, and corporations, all of which benefit greatly from dense populations and a flooded labor market.

Comment

I have been preaching this since Trump took office! This whole thing of Mexico will build the wall and waiting for funds for the wall have been utter BS. All that comes out of the Presidents mouth is propaganda. The wall couldve been built already by shoveling funds into DOD which typically never has a problem getting extra funds. As we type, there are thousands of serviceman with "engineer" MOS's just sitting around twiddling their thumbs.

To add, while the military builds the wall, they should build a huge Federal Prison into it with the release door opening on the Mexican side. If Trump wanted to gain any victory in what he preached about the wall, he'd have Mexico pay for their own inmates.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                  If the walls gonna be built (I doubt it) then thats actually a good idea cause alot of those "military men" end up bums after their service so hopefully they will learn a useful trade and stop being a burden to society.
                  After they leave the military, they can get jobs repairing and maintaining the wall.

Nice post Mikey!

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                    Gotta love that thinking outside the box.

A great private sector mind in action.
                    lol, Ive told you and others about the military building the wall long ago and I am many brain cells short of a great mind.

It was really a no brainer, DOD gets approved for extra funds EVERY year. The D's and R's never reject DOD funding request so I dont know why this wasnt thought of long ago. Oh wait, I forgot, President Trump had to rile up his base and secure that vote before Homeland Security. You ask why I dont like Trump? This is 1 of many reasons why I think his agenda is far from Making America Great Again.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                      What happened to hold the Congress accountable? Democrats and RINOs refuses to pass the funding even when offered the DACA deal. What about that?
                      Egos............................

Comment

Working...
                      X