No announcement yet.

Pbc ppv was amateurish

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MagikLair View Post
    Truly horrible commentators. There may be good outside the ring and such. But boring as hell
    The whole show just looked poor and uncordinated

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
      Still did bette than this fox ppv show right fam?
      Of course. And Wilder, Porter, Thurman, Benavidez and Charlo all left PBC too.

Comment

Thread starter's IP traces back to Lampley's house.

Must he Jim on a burner account.

He Jimmy, how's them lobster claw infants doing?

Comment

The undercard was really poor, especially considering the high probability that the main event would be uncompetitive (which turned out to be the case). If I had paid $75 for that I'd be pretty pissed off

I actually don't mind having a single commentator because they are forced to just call the action instead of engaging in dry banter and giving a bunch of hot takes. The guy doing it (Mauro Ranallo?) wasn't the most astute though

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            True, that girl who interviewed Spence and Mikey post-fight was terrible.
            She should stop smiling a lot.
            It's a serious business.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
              didn't the last GBP PPV have a two and a half hour "pause" between the last fight and the main event?
              Both cards had the same issue. If you stack an undercard with fights that have a high probability of blowouts youre gunna end up with timing issues.

Comment

Fox PPV Sucks! Long stretches between fights. Before the Main Event they spent a ridiculous amount of time going back and forth from the booth to ringside to Dat Hoedoe. They ran out of people to interview and things to say.

I forgot what PPV this was. I fully expected Khan and Crawford to come out.

Joe Goosen and Lennox Lewis don't seem to work well together. Although, they were better than during the last Porter fight.

Jimmy Lennon couldn't do the classic " It's Showtime" tag. Had to say something like "It's time for the Fox PBC PPV Boyz II Men ABC BBD TV Main Event of the Evening!"

They threw it to the booth DURING THE FIGHT! WTF!!! I couldn't give a fug what Boom-boom or the Leper-con had to say before the fight much less during.

Not saying they're perfect but let Showtime handle the PPV's. Fox can keep the non ppv fights.

Comment

All of the fights on the PPV were huge mismatches. Fox has great presentation but ****ty commentary.

Comment

The long pauses were due to the undercards ending up in KOs. I've seen it in other networks where they have to filll up the huge amount of time that would replace the time allotted for 10-12 round fights.

Come on man, it's Saturday. No one is rushing to go home and go to bed. People can wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                      Both cards had the same issue. If you stack an undercard with fights that have a high probability of blowouts youre gunna end up with timing issues.
                      Yup. Fox was smart enough to go to an earlier fight to kill that time. I was really surprised when HBO didn't do that.

Comment

Working...
                      X