Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shawn Porter Wins Split Nod Over Yordenis Ugas in Close Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lion33lit View Post
    I kinda see it the same way. So with that said, Ugas didn't "take it" from the champ - especially with the dumb intimidation stare downs at the end of some of those rounds that he thought was to somehow win him those rounds(?), and his total inability to cut off the ring.

And even though the champ tried to uncharacteristically "box" his way to a decision, he didn't land ("get off") with hard looking shots and he did miss a lot of big looping hooks. But he was connecting. Ugas connected with the better "looking" shots (especially to the body), but better looking doesnt necessarily mean more overall punching.

I'm OK with the decision. Both guys were fit as hell, but to me they BOTH didnt know how to utilize that fitness in practical offensive moves..... In other words (to me) they both SUCKED at what they were trying to do. I gotta watch it again to make sure....thats ONLY if I can tolerate sittin' thru it again.
    Well said...

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
      Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
      (...)

Cubans doesn't have fan base at all, they always get robbed. I knew 100% ugas was getting robbed.

Really disappointed by Porter... Not making weight plus sht fight.
      Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
      I like Porter, but, man, I felt like he lost the fight. Ugas is very good, as I predicted.
      Originally posted by lolpz View Post
      Apparently one judge scored the final 5 rounds for Shawn Porter.

It was the judge who had it 115-113 for Porter.

If that isn't a robbery, I don't know what is.

117-111 Ugas literally wasn't even a bad scorecard.
      Originally posted by jas View Post
      Hearing the judge who gave it 7-5 porter gave the last round to porter.

That was a clear round for ugas. It is not even debatable. Ugas made porter miss so much. Ugas outboxed him clearly that round

(...)
      ... Cubans just don't get decisions there...

Comment

• Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
        I had it a draw but if anyone won it was Ugas, because I was generous in giving some rounds to Shawn. Ugas didn't deserve an L on his record tonight
        A draw, exactly what I saw coming and placed my bet on. I would have won some nice money had the judges done their work correctly.

So I am double-angry, for Porter didn't win that fight indeed. Draw or Ugas was the right verdict.

Comment

• Damn I love boxing and genuinely can’t stand to see porter fight. It’s just not appealing to me at all. When he fights a more marketable fighter, he’ll lose

Comment

• You have to be a jigaboo to get a decision with pbc.

Comment

• I’ve never liked Porters style nor his Father... that being said he’s not “elite”... and he’s definitely not no outside masterboxer either... i don’t understand what he was trying to do... he fights Spence he’s gonna lose badly... hell I think he’ll lose badly to Pacquiao too. I can almost certainly bet that’s the next fight he fights.

Comment

• I’ve never liked Porters style nor his Father... that being said he’s not “elite”... and he’s definitely not no outside masterboxer either... i don’t understand what he was trying to do... he fights Spence he’s gonna lose badly... hell I think he’ll lose badly to Pacquiao too. I can almost certainly bet that’s the next fight he fights.

Comment

• Look every close fight in favor of the favorite isn't a robbery. Ugas imo destroyed the fight. All he did the entire fight was wait to catch Porter with a counter right hand. The thing is if Porter decided im not going to allow him to counter and stayed on the outside, Ugas didn't throw ****. Porter should've worked his jab the whole fight and made Ugas look silly. He did it for one round(cant remember which one but i think one of the middle rounds) and Ugas had no answer. Because his **** game plan of waiting to counter every single shot didn't work when Porter just used the jab. Ugas did do nice body work but not enough volume. One here, one there. I think Porter did his best work on the inside weaving and throwing hooks sort of mike tyson ish, except he was dodging punches more than landing. And he worked the jab good in one round. Otherwise this was a guy trying to be a matador and waiting around for the bull to throw dumb punches and get countered. When the bull refused, nothing happened. He should lose the fight based on that. All that walking down but little action, just reaction. I dont feel sorry for Ugas. I also dont think he's elite. Moreso he just convinced me his style is more boring than Porters. I thought just based on perception it would be a draw or maybe even go to Ugas. But i didn't think it should've been handed to him. He should've pressed the fight and made sure. He didnt so he lost. End of story no robbery.

Comment

• I rewatched it. Porter won. He was facing a bigger, stronger, taller guy--was people expecting him to go in and rumble with him all night? He fought smart but I think that it was a style we were not used to seeing Porter fight. He is a champion now he was to be smarter. he landed more punches as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheWinners View Post
                      Look every close fight in favor of the favorite isn't a robbery. Ugas imo destroyed the fight. All he did the entire fight was wait to catch Porter with a counter right hand. The thing is if Porter decided im not going to allow him to counter and stayed on the outside, Ugas didn't throw ****. Porter should've worked his jab the whole fight and made Ugas look silly. He did it for one round(cant remember which one but i think one of the middle rounds) and Ugas had no answer. Because his **** game plan of waiting to counter every single shot didn't work when Porter just used the jab. Ugas did do nice body work but not enough volume. One here, one there. I think Porter did his best work on the inside weaving and throwing hooks sort of mike tyson ish, except he was dodging punches more than landing. And he worked the jab good in one round. Otherwise this was a guy trying to be a matador and waiting around for the bull to throw dumb punches and get countered. When the bull refused, nothing happened. He should lose the fight based on that. All that walking down but little action, just reaction. I dont feel sorry for Ugas. I also dont think he's elite. Moreso he just convinced me his style is more boring than Porters. I thought just based on perception it would be a draw or maybe even go to Ugas. But i didn't think it should've been handed to him. He should've pressed the fight and made sure. He didnt so he lost. End of story no robbery.
                      On point overall analysis

Comment

Working...
                      X