Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If these guys retired today would you even care?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If these guys retired today would you even care?

Rigo- the guy barely fights and when he does its against someone nobody has ever heard of in Japan or somewhere irrelevant and he still makes it a boring snooze fest. Ultra talented, avoided by most at his weight but not thrilling in the least even against inferior opponents.

PAC - once a whirling dervish of a fighter, he now is a more refined thoughtful fighter which takes away a lot of what made him so exciting to watch every time out. He has nothing left to prove short of beating Floyd if a rematch happens at some point. He gave us many great fights but watching him against overmatched guys even at his advanced age has become tiresome.

Wlad He ruled a weak heavyweight division for about 10 years, seemingly never giving us a great fight against top notch competition. Early KO losses to less than stellar opponents will always be held against him by those ranking him amongst dominant champions. He bored the fk out of us so many times over the years with the hit and clinch style that he adapted to after the KO losses. If he just retired would he even be missed at this point with the young guys we have out there?

Stevenson is there a more irrelevant champion in boxing today? This guy went from a explosion on the scene with a great one round KO of Dawson to irrelevant in the course of a few years. Hasn't had a big fight since and doesn't look like he will unless Beiterbiev becomes a player soon...

Broner we've seen what he brings, seemingly a waste of exquisite talent in a lazy, immature , man-boy ... Many saw him as Floyds successor now he's relagated back to beating overmatched opponents while somehow picking up titles along the way. Always trouble outside the ring but seldom trouble for top level guys inside the ring, it seems he could be lingering around just to be beaten handily again the next time he steps up in competition...

Would you even miss these guys should they retire tomorrow?

Rigo still has potential.
    Pac has nothing to prove.
    Wlad needs to prove something to himself, you can't retire on a weird fight like the last one.
    Stevenson needs to have a unification fight.
    Broner? He young doe!

Comment

The 2 guys you have has defeated many champs and unified the division - Pac and Wlad and definitely both would be future HOF
      Rigo - is a super talented fighter but lack of opponents has kept him inactive..

I would definitely miss these guys..
      Broner and Pimp are what is wrong about boxing these days.. Deserves more than their worth and unable to take up challenges

Comment

Honestly I wouldn't miss anybody because dudes rarely fight anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          Rigo- the guy barely fights and when he does its against someone nobody has ever heard of in Japan or somewhere irrelevant and he still makes it a boring snooze fest. Ultra talented, avoided by most at his weight but not thrilling in the least even against inferior opponents.

PAC - once a whirling dervish of a fighter, he now is a more refined thoughtful fighter which takes away a lot of what made him so exciting to watch every time out. He has nothing left to prove short of beating Floyd if a rematch happens at some point. He gave us many great fights but watching him against overmatched guys even at his advanced age has become tiresome.

Wlad He ruled a weak heavyweight division for about 10 years, seemingly never giving us a great fight against top notch competition. Early KO losses to less than stellar opponents will always be held against him by those ranking him amongst dominant champions. He bored the fk out of us so many times over the years with the hit and clinch style that he adapted to after the KO losses. If he just retired would he even be missed at this point with the young guys we have out there?

Stevenson is there a more irrelevant champion in boxing today? This guy went from a explosion on the scene with a great one round KO of Dawson to irrelevant in the course of a few years. Hasn't had a big fight since and doesn't look like he will unless Beiterbiev becomes a player soon...

Broner we've seen what he brings, seemingly a waste of exquisite talent in a lazy, immature , man-boy ... Many saw him as Floyds successor now he's relagated back to beating overmatched opponents while somehow picking up titles along the way. Always trouble outside the ring but seldom trouble for top level guys inside the ring, it seems he could be lingering around just to be beaten handily again the next time he steps up in competition...

Would you even miss these guys should they retire tomorrow?
          Red - Yes
          Yellow - No

Comment

Stevenson can still often be in exciting fights. Wouldn't want him to go away. And he still has unsettled business with Kovalev. Now with PBC running out money, things might change soon.

Comment

If fighters want to make big fights and fight the best I want them to stay, if not, just retire because no one cares about mismatches.

I think all those fighters have something left in the tank to offer the boxing world so I'd want to see them all again.

Comment

How can you miss boxers that barely fight?

Comment

I would like to see Pacquiao retire while he is still able to beat someone as good as Vargas and Bradley. He will never be as good as he once was so I wouldn't miss him. I think he should retire for his health and I wish him well. Wlad is also way past prime so I wouldn't miss him. Rigo can still fight at his best so I'd like him to stay. I don't like Broner and wouldn't miss him much. He is a huge bragger who doesn't train hard and can't beat the top guys. It's fun to see him get his ass kicked so he can stick around for that. I'd like Stevenson to stay long enough to fight Ward or Kovalev. Actually his fights are exciting and entertaining so I would miss him.i

Comment

lara needs to go to the top of the list.

Comment

Working...
                    X