No announcement yet.

A word on Fury being "exposed" against Cunningham

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A word on Fury being "exposed" against Cunningham

This is one that keeps coming up, where Fury was dropped by Cunningham in his 21st bout back in 2013. He was "exposed". Sigh.

A history lesson for you (and I LIKE Fury):

* In his 8th pro bout back in 2008 he was in a fight with John "D Cup" McDermott where the bout was only being scored, due to some archaic Brit ruling, by the referee. The ref scored the fight for Fury widely, while many at ringside thought he looked fortunate to get the decision.

* In his 17th pro fight against Neven Pajkic he was dropped (and dropped more heavily than against Cunningham) in the second round by an overhand right. This was over 17 months before he fought Steve Cunningham.

See, when people say Fury was "exposed by Steve Cunningham", what they're really saying is "I don't know what I'm talking about."

Sure, okay, you're only talking about the subject insofar as YOU know it, because Fury hadn't fought on US TV before then, and you hadn't bothered to download/stream/YouTube his prior fights. I get it. That's COOL.

But if you're posting in a boxing forum and you haven't bothered to research your subject, then really you should simply STFU and let people who WATCH THE SPORT talk about it. Otherwise you come over as an uneducated fuckwit.

Thanks for listening.

So basically what you're saying, in a nutshell, is, Fury was exposed by Cunningham. Got it.

Comment

I still remember the days of how "hypejob" Ricky Burns was going to be "exposed" by Adrien Broner

Comment

Cunningham "exposed" Fury with a wild right hand. Fury's future successful professional career is futile. No way he fights Klitschko... Or I mean beats Klitschko... eh I mean hold on to the belts that Klitschko formerly had..

Comment

Chinny chin chin

We thank you for further letting us know how chinny he is. Also we appreciate the hard work you do to keep us updated on All the un-televised fights your a Genius & a Scholar.🏆 Now go sit your happy azz down and get a life!!

Comment

One knockdown means nothing since fury got up unhinged...that was also some punch he was hit flush with ,I don't care what that guys k.o record is,i highly doubt he ever hit anyone with one like that before.Furys clowning almost got him k.od here,this is what makes his fights more exciting ,like the other thread however i'll take guys like wlad who go there to take heads off.

Comment

Who in the **** said that.
              ***** who the **** says that getting dropped by a dude means you get exposed?

Did Judah expose Floyd?
              Did Boone expose Ward?

******ed thread shouldn't have been made.

And who was saying that Wlad would destroy Fury? Almost everyone had it a competitive scrap heading it.

Don't mention Elroy and his stupidity btw.

Comment

I watch as much boxing as I possibly can and comment sometimes on what I have seen. Just because I don't live in the UK and see every fight Fury ever has doesn't mean I will shut up about what I do see of him. If I have to see every fight a boxer ever had before commenting on that boxer I wouldn't be able to post on any boxer and I like putting my two cents worth in from time to time. Fury was knocked down by a light hitter but it was a hard punch that he didn't see. It doesn't mean he has a weak chin. He got up quickly and seemed unhurt.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  I watch as much boxing as I possibly can and comment sometimes on what I have seen. Just because I don't live in the UK and see every fight Fury ever has doesn't mean I will shut up about what I do see of him. If I have to see every fight a boxer ever had before commenting on that boxer I wouldn't be able to post on any boxer and I like putting my two cents worth in from time to time. Fury was knocked down by a light hitter but it was a hard punch that he didn't see. It doesn't mean he has a weak chin. He got up quickly and seemed unhurt.
                  To add, his uncle wasn't allowed in the US due to a criminal record. He is who trains him.

Fury was chatting the whole fight until the KD, which was when he got up and started making it rough. If his uncle was there, he would definitely tell him to concentrate.

Comment

I was waiting for a good bumming story... I guess I misunderstood the title. I thought you meant he exposed himself to Cunningham...:bukkake:

Comment

Working...
                    X