No announcement yet.

SPOTY 2017: Shock Results As Anthony Joshua Fails To Make Top 3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPOTY 2017: Shock Results As Anthony Joshua Fails To Make Top 3

In a stunning upset, Mo Farah beat odds-on favourite Anthony Joshua to win BBC Sports Personality of the Year.

Farah said. “We have amazing superstars in Joshua and Lewis Hamilton. I didn’t imagine this was ever going to happen.”

For a measure of the shock, Gary Lough, Paula Radcliffe’s husband, and the man coaching Farah on his transition from track to road, was caught by amateur lip readers apparently mouthing the words “that’s a fkin joke”.

Anthony Joshua vs Klitschko is widely considered the fight of the year, he is easily the most recognisable sportsperson in the UK and was heavy favourite to win.

Despite putting on one of the greatest Heavyweight World Title fights in the last 20 years which also broke all attendance records in the UK, he failed to be placed top 3.

Last edited by NahMean; 12-17-2017, 08:35 PM.

Mo Farah is a worthy winner, but I am sure that at the BBC? They have some sort of shadow panel, what also casts their votes! And their votes may count for more in comparison to the general public etc

I did not even watch the show to be fair, I have zero idea who the other two contestants where in the Top-3.

Comment

LOL didn't Tyson Fury win this in 2015?

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
        Mo Farah is a worthy winner, but I am sure that at the BBC? They have some sort of shadow panel, what also casts their votes! And their votes may count for more in comparison to the general public etc

I did not even watch the show to be fair, I have zero idea who the other two contestants where in the Top-3.
        I'm glad for Mo.. He should have won it in the previous years but always came 3rd or 4th. But I have no idea who the other 2 were.. How Hamilton or Joshua aren't in the top 3 is mind boggling.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
          I'm glad for Mo.. He should have won it in the previous years but always came 3rd or 4th. But I have no idea who the other 2 were.. How Hamilton or Joshua aren't in the top 3 is mind boggling.
          I kind of stopped watching sports personality, many years ago! I used to enjoy it when it was in a small studio, with all the athletes. I am just about to google the results, as I was not even aware of who the top candidates where....

Comment

Are there any bigger cucks on Earth than the UK? You literally have a, wait for it, 'BBC' award and are angry that the black guy who called you all inferior because of your race didn't win it? HAHAHA you can't make this all up.

The UK is like a more twisted version of The Twilight Zone, where everyone walks around with their ass cheeks spread apart for their masters to **** them at any given minute. Goodbye, United Cuckdom, it was fun while it lasted.

Comment

Not sure why Joshua was made favourite by the bookies in the first place. I thought Lewis would win it but Mo deserves it after all he has done.

Comment

I guess this kind of thing can happen when winners and losers are determined purely by the opinion of a certain few. At least in boxing, where judges are horrendously corrupt, a fighter can knock the other guy out.

SPOTY is literally a matter of what someone thinks about another - strange or adverse results shouldn't be too much of a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
                  Just seen a clip of Paula Raddcliffe and her husband, kind of gesturing and shaking their heads at the results! (I always remember when Paula Radcliffe quit during the Beijing Olympics, when she could of kept on running even for a 5th place! Fair Play I respect that she was only gunning for gold, but she did not embody the Olympic spirit with her efforts! Mo Farah done something she could not do? Break the African dominance on the track, in the big arena! I think he was awarded this sports personality on his career! He retired as a world champion, the Distance running will now probably continue to be dominated by African nations)....

But yes mate, I am sure they have a special panel of judges behind the scenes at the BBC! That works pretty much like bonus votes! (Otherwise I am not sure how paralympian's and superbike athletes would gain more votes than Lewis Hamilton! In a way it is a positive, because it gives them exposure and credit!)..

I have a feeling that next year for both Anthony Joshua and Lewis Hamilton is going to be massive! (I predict that the sports personality will be out of these two guys!)....

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    Not sure why Joshua was made favourite by the bookies in the first place. I thought Lewis would win it but Mo deserves it after all he has done.
                    People don't really like Lewis Hamilton in the UK.. Plus he doesn't live here and doesn't pay UK tax but his acchivements should have got him in the top 3. AJ is adored by UK public and he was in a fight which will be talked about decades from now and 90k fans attended the fight.. That's record braking for the UK post war.

Both guys are considered the best worldwide in thier respected sports not just the best in the UK.. Both guys didn't make it in the top 3. Something is off.
                    Last edited by NahMean; 12-17-2017, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X